Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

He says he doesn't want to be married anymore...wtf??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

So we were sitting listening to music last night and all of a sudden dh states that he doesn't want to be married anymore...wth where did this come from?  I know that he doesn't mean it because we are happy!!  Have a 3 yo and 1 on the way he loves our daughter to death she is his sidekick, spend time together after Lexi goes to bed we listen to music and talk or watch TV, we always talk and laugh and cut up, cook dinner together, well sorta both work full time so he cooks and I clean up.  Sex life is good but not great..I have no sex drive due to pregnancy.  I dunno what he was thinking but it kinda hurt my feelings and I know for a fact he didn't mean it, he loves me and we have been together for 7 years!!!  Just wanted to get it out!!  Does anyone else's SO say crazy shit like this sometimes?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Wow! Time for counseling?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant with our second, my DH went pretty bonkers. I think it's the stress and all that comes with being a parent of more than one child. I'd definitely get into counseling so you two can figure it out.

erin708
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Just because he acts happy doesn't mean he is. Have u brought it up again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddieKate
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I would ask him what he meant by it. Maybe he was trying to be funny??
My bf(been together 6 years took a recent break of 4 months cause I wasnt sure about him anymore..neveer again) gets like ALL my pregnancy symptoms and that includes the mood swings and hormones. Maybe thats what happened?

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
My hubs said that once. I started throwing shit at him and he started laughing. He said he loves me and wants to be with me, but "marriage" means being adult and having responsibility and he is tired of the responsibility. Lol. I understand the feeling cause I sometimes feel that way... But I never tell him that I don't want to be married.
melissaaytes
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I honestly think he was joking around because even though a few others said just cause he acts happy doesn't mean he is.  I know for a fact 100% that he is happy with me, we are best friends and I know him better than anyone!!  I think it may just be stress, he just started a new job and we found out about the baby a month ago so just hormones!!  And yes he gets hormonal when I am pregnant as well lol!!!

Quoting rockinmomto2:

When I was pregnant with our second, my DH went pretty bonkers. I think it's the stress and all that comes with being a parent of more than one child. I'd definitely get into counseling so you two can figure it out.

CafeMom Tickers
melissaaytes
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Haha that is most likely what is going on :)  He hates being responsible but all I ask is he work and give me most of his money to hold with mine so we can pay bills!!  I would never tell him I didn't want to be married anymore although a year ago I joked and said I wanted a divorce because he complained to much lol!!  I have never said anything close to that again cause he got so upset!

Quoting EmmaZate:

My hubs said that once. I started throwing shit at him and he started laughing. He said he loves me and wants to be with me, but "marriage" means being adult and having responsibility and he is tired of the responsibility. Lol. I understand the feeling cause I sometimes feel that way... But I never tell him that I don't want to be married.

CafeMom Tickers
HaleyCovington
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Usually people don't say things like that when they are happy. I would bring it up again and make it a point to tell him that it's not okay to just randomly say things like that if he doesn't mean it like you say he doesn't.
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
This. Maybe it's just you who thinks you are. My husband and I were in a situation where he thought everything was fine and it wasn't.

Quoting erin708:

Just because he acts happy doesn't mean he is. Have u brought it up again?
jupiter5
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM

i do, but i always explain it away...and i say less hurtful things like damn i never expected my life would be like this and i dont want to be a boring sahm (dont bash me its good for some not all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)