Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult sibling rivalry

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
Anyone else have it. I certainly do... I have an older Irish twin sis who thinks she is so much better than me. We both have one child, and are attached. But she has to work and go to school whereas I don't because SO makes enough money so that I can stay home. But she is always making me feel down about being 'just a housewife'. I don't know what to do. I don't want to make her feel bad, but I want her to stop putting me down. Any suggestions?
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MistyMoo
by Amber on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Have you told her how it makes you feel?.. I don't know how much help I can be, all if my sisters are 20+ years older than me, so they were like mothers to me most of my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her to shut the fuck up...I have a brother that says shit like....Oh, you're just a stay at home mother, you don't know how the real world works, I've been to afghanistan....which somehow makes him smarter than me and more in the know. I just tell him to shut the fuck up, at least I graduated high school. He only has a GED and the only reason he got that was so he could join the army. It might be different with sisters though. I only have brothers, so....if you said that to your sister it might not go over so well.

MommieSDW
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM

She is probably feeling stressed and overwhelmed and is probably a little jealous of your situation. It makes her feel better to put you down :( 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quoting MommieSDW:

She is probably feeling stressed and overwhelmed and is probably a little jealous of your situation. It makes her feel better to put you down :( 

.Peaches.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Nope. Me and my sister stopped that once I graduated high school.

mitsukai127
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM

My sister thinks she is so much better than I, and she is 2 years younger.  But her and I have never gotten along, and I am not afraid to tell her off and put her in her place.  But I agree, she probably makes herself feel better to put you down because she is jealous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)