Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've had about all I can take.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

Due to circumstances I'm not going to explain, but are going to be rectified, my DD goes back and forth every other month between her dad's house and mine. It sucks, but like I said, I'm working on it. In August, DD came back, and had a 103 temp that night, so I took her to the ER (it was 9pm and a military hospital) and she was diagnosed with strep. The whole way, my ex was fighting me on it, claiming it was probably just a sinus infection or something, that I should just give her Motrin and watch over her. I told him no, that at 103, I wasn't playing, and she'd see a doctor. Turns out, that was good. Strep is contagious, and I was 8 months pregnant at the time. Screw him. He ended up accusing me of just having her out extra late, even though we left the ER at her bedtime, she slept the whole way home, and I carried her, asleep, into our apartment and up to her room to put her to bed.

Fast forward 2 months, to October. I was literally days away from giving birth, and two days after we'd picked her up, she was sick. I took her temp again; another 103. Back to the ER, and again with the strep diagnosis. So now my ex was willing to talk, and I mentioned that since she'd started a new babysitter during her "dad" months, maybe it was the babysitter that was the carrier, and that was the only new factor. SM decided to butt in and say no, it wasn't, because she'd started school in both states since then, and there were new kids in her class, plus I was letting her hang out with some kids I hadn't previously let her hang out with. Well, ok...she hadn't started her school with me the first time she got strep, and the other kids referred to weren't sick....plus strep has a 2-5 day incubation period. But I let it drop. I got her back right before Thanksgiving, but she'd only been with her dad for 2 weeks and didn't get it. It's now two days away from tradeoff, and SM just texted me, saying the sitter says DD has been complaining of a sore throat, and that she'll look at DD tonight, and take her to urgent care if needed. $5 says it's strep, and now they can't possibly deny that she's been contracting it there all along, considering she hasn't been with me since Dec 15. I HATE that my DD is sick, but it's about time something blew up in my ex's face, he who thinks he's the perfect parent.  

She's also had to get stitches from being unsupervised while with him, and contracted a UTI from time with him when she was 2. I'm so sick of having to send my daughter to this screw up that accuses me of being so awful but can't even keep her in decent health while he has her, whereas she has NEVER gotten horribly sick or hurt with me, not in her 5 years.

The freaking judges are taking their time deciding where jurisdiction is; we haven't even fought for custody yet. They're hurting my kid by letting her stay with him!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Sorry you are unhappy. Hope everything works out.
BrittSam2011
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

That's horrible!! It looks like YOU'RE doing the right thing and your ex and the sm are terrible parents. Having step throat that often is obviously not good for a person, especially a child. They need to get rid of that babysitter, I think. Find a new one.

.Peaches.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

If she keeps contracting strep, you might need to consider getting her tonsils out. My childhood was a nightmare every winter with strep throat, until I finally had them out at 19. Haven't had it since.

Only thing you can do is keep doing what you're doing and keep checking to see how your case is progressing. GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)