Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband got laid off.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 19 Replies
My husband got his lay off packet today. He has thirty more days. I am so freaked out right now. My sons both have medical issues, my two year old's cost a fortune in appointments. We got charged 968.00 for his last appointment-and that was after insurance covered it. We have options; he can go for a job at Boeing or go active duty in the Army again. We have a month to figure it out, but it is going to be a long No the. I already have two jobs, and I only sleep about six hours a night because of them, so getting a third is out of the question for me. I am so freaking scared right now. We can't even count on taxes, since they are already spent and we haven't even filed for them yet. We have too many overdue bills as it is, and now this.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would you get another job if you just said that he has two options? That part was a little confusing.

I'd consider your family lucky, at least your DH HAS options. Most people who are laid off are just screwed.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Because even if those options pan out, there is no guarantee that he will just pick up work the very next day after his lay off is in force or that he will still be on the same pay grade. Rent will still need to be paid and so will utilities. We can talk with my land lord about an extension, but utilitites are not so easily worked with.
Quoting .Peaches.:

Why would you get another job if you just said that he has two options? That part was a little confusing.

I'd consider your family lucky, at least your DH HAS options. Most people who are laid off are just screwed.

StarryRain
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Oh no! Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I hope it works out. I'm sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Liudmyla
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I have been there 5 times in 4 years (twice pregnant with no insurance) so I know your pain. I feel for you.

Your husband needs your support now as never before.

mom2theA-team
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Sounds like going active duty military may be the best option for you guys, at least their medical bills will be paid. I'm sorry, my husband has lost his job in the past. Thankfully, we are a very healthy family. 

Kristanna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to go active duty, your healthcare worries will be taken care of then. Also you can move to on base housing and that's another bill that is either totally wiped out of cut way down.

sissy852
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
i hope it works out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I hope it works out. I'm sorry.

Lindalou907
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I'm so sorry mama, I know that feeling. Often times people end up with better jobs then they had before, I hope that happens for your family, hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)