Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smoking

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes but its so hard!! does anyone have advice?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Keep your hands busy.

I buy a big thing of some kind of food that takes work to eat....peanuts in the shell, pistachios, etc.

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM

When I quit I used sour skittles.  Good Luck

CafeMom Tickers
MyahsMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Work your way down, it's much easier on you then cold turkey. And find candy that you have to suck on to occupy yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerricalynn
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM

thanks ladies :))

blcsmommie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I did nicorett losenges and lolly pops the last time I quit.

jerricalynn
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

whats losenges??

Quoting blcsmommie:

I did nicorett losenges and lolly pops the last time I quit.

bpryce
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Do not put yourself in a situation were itd be hard not to smoke. When i quit (3yrs ago) i had to stop drinking completely and not hangout/be around anyone who was a smoker. eventually i was able to go to a bar and have a drink without smoking a cigarette. Gl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jerricalynn
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

my bf smokes

JTnJT
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Get cinnamon sticks....hold them like you would a cig...the cinnamon hits the same receptors in your brain as nicotine does,  so you help sooth those receptors, and you have the hand to mouth action that so many smokers find to be soothing....it helps me....I am now 30 days smoke free!!!  

Another thing that has helped me...is don't think of it as "quitting"...as most of us have been trained since childhood (in some cases infancy) to not be a "quitter"....so if you're thinking of it as quitting you are automatically setting your mind up to fight your efforts...instead tell yourself you are becoming a "non-smoker".

bpryce
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Im sorry, that is going to make it harder. I know because i had tried to quit several times before but i had roommates who smoked. I finally quit when i lived by myself, and i didnt get around my smoking friends for weeks

Quoting jerricalynn:

my bf smokes

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)