Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

The Toys have left the building .........

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last weekend we cleaned the boys room didn't take that long pretty easy.
anyway Sunday evening I came home from helping a relative and peeked in their room and it looked like a hurricane went through there  .......I looked at my hubby and went REALLY
anyway Monday they were told that they were all cleaning their room and no one is coming out until it's done ( except food and potty breaks ). and usually it's a yes ma'am  and they get to it right away
It is now Thursday and I have collected all the toys in the house except for the babies and the two year olds and I put them all in the garage. 
the reason I said they were leaving the building is that's exactly what I told my kids
I told my boys I gave all their toys to a little boy down the street  well they all started crying and screaming no no no and yes I know it's lying to them blah blah blah
AND SERIOUSLY I couldn't help but have some kind of parental satisfaction

My question is what do you mamas do with your littles ?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My 5 yr old was like that so I took half of the toys away and organzied them better. He now puts them away because there isn't much.

MomWFiveInTow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I have the toys separated in to season toys
so they don't have an abundance of toys at one time and that way when I get one of the other buckets out they have toys they haven't played with for awhile and are excited ..... new activities
your suggestion is also very good :)

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

My 5 yr old was like that so I took half of the toys away and organized them better. He now puts them away because there isn't much.

TexasWife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Done it. I really think they have way to much and I want to get rid of a lot of them.

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
On Monday I told my kids they had two hours to clean their room. Every 15 minutes I reminded them to do it or the toys would be thrown away. They didn't so I took a garbage bag and bagged up all the toys on their floor. They were hysterical, and the worst part... They made another mess in their room with the toys I left them (all the ones that were put away) and still aren't cleaning it up so I guess I will be doing it again until they learn.

P.s. I didn't really throw them away but they don't know that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I'd do the same in that situation.

My dd has always kept her room spotless, so I'm lucky. She is 7 now.

My DS trashes the playroom every day, lol. He is only 2 so we are worming in clean up. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If my daughter (6) gets lazy about cleaning her room I tell her that anything not cleaned up after x amount of time will be put in the attic until she earns them back...one at a time.Then I set a timer for her.It's never taken more than just the threat because she knows I'll do it :)

MomWFiveInTow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I didn't leave any toys they were told to sit on their bed and read or look at their books because they are grounded to their room now
this is actually one of the first times they have not really listened to me my oldest is 7 and my youngest is 5months out of all five of my Little's has not really been this much of a battle

my littles think their toys are gone too LOL

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

On Monday I told my kids they had two hours to clean their room. Every 15 minutes I reminded them to do it or the toys would be thrown away. They didn't so I took a garbage bag and bagged up all the toys on their floor. They were hysterical, and the worst part... They made another mess in their room with the toys I left them (all the ones that were put away) and still aren't cleaning it up so I guess I will be doing it again until they learn.

P.s. I didn't really throw them away but they don't know that

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Something similar.
MomWFiveInTow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM

when I was younger I kept my room very clean and neat but my twin brother didn't my mom was always talking to him to get his room cleaned up ....... its a boy thing lol I can see already I might have a battle ahead of me with five boys :)

Quoting MamaPeanut:

My DS trashes the playroom every day, lol. He is only 2 so we are worming in clean up. :)

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
You are a brave soul dear! :)

I have always been very clean and organized but my sister was a slob. I hated sharing a room as a kid!

Quoting MomWFiveInTow:

when I was younger I kept my room very clean and neat but my twin brother didn't my mom was always talking to him to get his room cleaned up ....... its a boy thing lol I can see already I might have a battle ahead of me with five boys :)

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)