• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy that have had kidney stones, I have a question

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 2 Replies
I had to leave work early on Monday because I had a kidney stone attack. (I'm a private care cna) My boss called me tonight because I'm suppose to work a 24hr shift tomorrow and she wanted to know if I was up for it. She said if I couldn't come in it was no biggie and all she wants is for me to feel better. I said yes because I need the money but I'm still in a lot of discomfort. They doctor hasn't called with the results of my CT scan but the ER said it was 6.5mm so I don't know if I can pass it. What would u do if u were in my situation?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Sorry I missed this before. Did you end up going to work after all? How are you feeling now?

Evansmommy1130
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I did not end up going to work on Friday, instead I had emergancy surgery to put a stent in because of a blockage. I was in horrible pain all weekend, went to my doctor on Monday and they discovered that the stent had moved into my kidney and my body was rejecting it. So on Monday they removed the stent and now I have a infection in both my kidney and bladder. I am still in horrible pain but it's starting to get better. Thanks for asking :)

Quoting bamababe1975:

Sorry I missed this before. Did you end up going to work after all? How are you feeling now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)