Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pictures of my birthmom and I. (Pic heavy)

Posted by   + Show Post

The first meeting. Her and my baby.

My sister and my baby.

The three of us and my baby. This is at my husbands work.

Everyone. My husband, my kids, my sister, my birthmom, and I.

Birthmom and Ian playing the quarter game to win a bracelet.

More pics in the replies.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Good for you!!! how long had you guys been talking before meeting up? Was it a good meeting? Of course nerves were probably there too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Very cool.
TexasWife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We started talking when I was 19. Her brother was actually the person who "tracked" me down. He knew what town I was in but not my phone number or address. Shortly after I met him she contacted me. She found out through another family member that her brother had found me. Again she knew what town I was in but nothing more than that. She lives in Washington while I live in Texas. We never had the money to travel to each other. Her brother had a stroke last sunday so her husband flew her and my sister down. She came up for the day to visit me. I was going to go down to my uncle but he told me not to since I was starting a new job. :) The meeting was amazing. I was a slew of emotions that day. It scared me when I knocked on the door because I did not know what to expect or what their reactions would be. We spent most the day yesterday. She vowed before she left that she would be more involved in my life if that was ok with me. We also went through a box of stuff I had of hers. Sorry this ended up so long. I am still just so happy that it happened.

Quoting a06z08mama:

Good for you!!! how long had you guys been talking before meeting up? Was it a good meeting? Of course nerves were probably there too.

TexasWife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Thank you. How are you?

Quoting TempestRayne:

Very cool.

erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Yes it is. Lol. When I first saw ur profile pic last yr I had to do a double take.

Quoting TexasWife:

Thank you and I hope that is a good thing.

Quoting erin708:

How nice. U are my bffs twin. Holy cow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Awesome! I remember the first meeting with my birth mom and birth family after years of not knowing them. It was awesome the first time...

I hope you all stay in touch and become best friends:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Length doesn't matter to me! I asked. And you answered. I bet you are happy it happened. I think its great that you are wanting that relationship with her and her with you!! Sometimes you hear that one person reaches out only to be rejected again. So I think its awesome.

How did the kids handle meeting her? Did they know or understand what was going on??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I hope it is still good. If anyone does I am sure it will be my sister. :)

Quoting uriahadel:

Awesome! I remember the first meeting with my birth mom and birth family after years of not knowing them. It was awesome the first time...

I hope you all stay in touch and become best friends:-)

VictoriousTory
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Awww Im glad she wants to be involved in your life!!! I am also glad that it went well and she got to see your kids!!! Hopefully she can answer some unanswered questions and if you have any hang ups or issues with everything that it can all be sorted out. :) 

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Wow you 2 look alike!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN