Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just had a baby 7 days ago and im extremely jealous of people holding him

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 28 Replies

I dont know if its just my hormones but I just get really jealous of people holding him or even kissing him im not a jealous person so this is so new to me....has anyone else had this problem?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KayLundy3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM
No.. but it might be just hormones.. I know I was terrified of even leaving my daughter to go to the next room for a few months..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Totally normal! I still feel that way and my daughter is over 6 months! It's especially bad with my MIL. I used to love her! Can't stand her since we had our daughter!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_Mommy10
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I was like that, and my mil came and stayed with me two weeks after dd was born, and she constantly wanted to hold her and everything and I wasn't having it. Luckily I was breast feeding so it kept people away!! I think its normal.

Bitemebetty
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would cry and have this urge to lock us in a room alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I haven't, I love seeing my family holding him and seeing the joy all around...makes me proud and feel good.  My family is very respectful of any boundaries I may have though.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BrittSam2011
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Ooooooo ya!!! I had a serious problem with family holding my son for a LONG time.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM
lol it's normal. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Normal. I had it so bad I didn't even allow her own father to hold her for a really long time. She was MINE damnit! Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
i made anyone wash their hand and NO kissing only mommie and daddie were aloud to do that lol.....and u had to be sitting down before I handed you my babie....i did this with all 3 of my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM

i got jealous from my newborn, kinda like a dammit-i-want-her-to-only-know-my-kiss-hugs-and-smell-please-fuck-off type of jealousy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)