Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

just had a baby 7 days ago and im extremely jealous of people holding him

Posted by   + Show Post

I dont know if its just my hormones but I just get really jealous of people holding him or even kissing him im not a jealous person so this is so new to me....has anyone else had this problem?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
MomRocs1102
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate people kissing on babies unless the parents.  I am the same with dd who is 3 weeks old and i was he same with ds was young.  not jealous with holding, but it also bothers me when people say "my baby".  My mom will call and say wheres my baby and i so want to say their my babies, but i just pause and calm down.

.Peaches.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Sorry, nope.

Concerned about whether they were germy or whether or not they'd just washed their hands, yes. Jealous, no.

babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Same thing used to happen to me more when it was his family tho idk why I kinda still am like that with his moms and its been ten months since
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Yes yes yes I felt that way too. I think that's part of the reason I felt so overwhelmed by visitors at the hospital.
It did go away after awhile....Like after 2 weeks? It's ok to tell people you want to be alone for a few days:) I just wanted that newborn goodness to myself!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arose74
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Yes! My first born... ugh I was so emotional! I actually locked myself in the bathroom the first week and was crying because my mother-in-law wouldn't stop helping! LOL

At the time my feelings felt legit. I just wanted my new baby all to myself. But now 6 years later I wish I would have let her help more.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I would get jealous of all the attention he got. I used to get all the attention when I was pregnant. Then that all changed. Its normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalx88
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I was the same way. I hated anyone touching my baby at first.. I got over it though. 

Twise85
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Yes it's normal! It's hard to let go when you have had that baby all to yourself for almost 10 mths! My inlaws caused me a lot of anxiety the first month my son was born. My mil still tries to call him "my baby" I don't even correct her anymore because I know he's mine and she only sees him for a couple hrs, I get to be with him 24/7 :D it will eventually pass but the best thing you can do is speak up. If you're not comfortable with something, say you're not! You're the mommy and YOU carried that child and people need to be respectful of your wishes and needs right now. Good luck and congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessmichelle2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

i was like that with my daughter, people hated it because i went with it lol but hey its my baby they can hold her later

NurseHeart
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I felt the same way when my daughter was born. Everyone wanted to hold her and all I wanted was to be left alone with my new bundle of joy. I think that your feelings are perfectly normal. You have been waiting nine months to meet your beautiful baby. Congrats on the baby and hang in there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)