Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

O_o humping baby??

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi i'm a first time mom with an akward dilema... My daughter is 6 months old and usually very bouncy. But she recently started humping... Her father and I don't do anything weird around her and she's not usually with anyone else and when she is, it's someone very responisible. I just want to know why she does this. Does anyone else's kid(s) ever done this? Is it just a phase or is she just getting using her new muscles? i'm confused and a little embarrassed. Please help. Btw, doctor says she's perfectly healthy and she's certainly happy! xD

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
oh lawd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM

it's probably her getting some mscle n being a bit wobbly still... definitely awkward but normal !

erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Totally normal.b I just went through this but with my 6yo. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM

lol, I remember this with dd1 I was like wtf? but it's definetly what we think it is. I agree with gigis1

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Might look a little funny, but it's just jerky muscle movement of someone learning how to use their body. Stop stressing.

blue_elephant
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM
When babies are getting ready to crawl, the get up on their hands and knees and rock back and forth in what looks to be a humping motion, its perfectly normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by Lenox on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty sure she isnt humping at 6mths old..she isn't a dog..

Probably what SemiAuto said..

michaelsmom25
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Lol. When my son was 2 he would climb on my leg while I'm laying down and just go to town humping it. I was weirded out but I learned that its normal. Its nothing sexual. It feels good so he does it. Lol it was just a phase. I'm happy to report he doesn't do it anymore lol. I have boys so I'm sure its just the beginning with them. Ewww lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaLioness2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM
She could just be getting used to her muscles but masturbation isn't unheard of either. Doctors have seen babies playing solo in the womb and a famous story in my family is hoe my sister used to take her diaper off, go behind the couch where my parents couldn't stop her and rub her blanket on herself. For now it's probably just muscles but don't freak out if it's more later. It's normal, they just want to know what the heck is down there and what it does!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN