Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ok how do i put this... does this bug anyone else?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

OK how do i put this.... i like this site it makes me feel like I'm not alone but being new to the site i haven't met to many people only one really cool person that Ive connected with but since i live in a new town and don't have many friends its like I'm on here to fill that void but when i got other moms adding me or wanting me to add them i think cool i have someone new to talk to but then its like all they say is " if you need anything let me know :)" or "... any advice let me know" I'm like well yeah i will but i would like a friend more i understand if you have kids and don't have time to write an email to just shoot the breeze but it just urks me that that's the feed back Ive been getting

am i wrong? but hey all im saying is if you add me i expect a friend not just another mommy name on my profile friends list.....

does anyone else feel this way?

btw sorry for the rant

so for those who want friends like to talk to no matter how shy or whatever feel free to add me :)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelyladybump
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I know what you mean. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes. Mostly because I'm kind of shy when I talk to new people and have trouble thinking of things to talk about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nbgg8687
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Honestly, tonight I just disovered that you can see if people have replied to your posts lol. I didnt even know people could add you as a fried or anything like that! I love coming here and reading all the crazy things that i relate to or the relationship advice. SOOO now im super excited lol. I have lived here since march, but its been hard meeting people... so cant wait to see where this goes. 

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah same here. I have alot on my friends list but dont pm them. : /

Quoting lovelyladybump:

I know what you mean. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes. Mostly because I'm kind of shy when I talk to new people and have trouble thinking of things to talk about.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babygirl9609
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

yup that's what I thought too. I hate it when people do that. I had a couple "friends" on here but never wrote to ANY of them. And when I would they would never write back.

BoofersGurl17
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Same here

Quoting Babygirl9609:

yup that's what I thought too. I hate it when people do that. I had a couple "friends" on here but never wrote to ANY of them. And when I would they would never write back.

Slayton723
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Your not alone on that one...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I know exactly what you mean.
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I don't know....I've been the type of person that never really had a lot of friends, I was always to myself. That hasn't changed a whole lot since I've gotten older....I've been living here for a year now, and I've only got 1 friend. That's cool with me.

I've got other women I've connected with here on CM, but it didn't happen overnight...in fact, it took a year or two.

Be the type of friend you want. If you would like someone to reach out to you, instead of waiting for someone to do it, why don't you take the initiative and reach out to someone you feel like connecting with?

MommieSDW
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM
This is exactly right.
Get a feel for who the ladies here are. Be yourself. Took me a while but I have met THE coolest women on here that I can laugh with and vent to who love me for me. Just start posting, and commenting. Put yourself out there :)

Quoting .Peaches.:

I don't know....I've been the type of person that never really had a lot of friends, I was always to myself. That hasn't changed a whole lot since I've gotten older....I've been living here for a year now, and I've only got 1 friend. That's cool with me.

I've got other women I've connected with here on CM, but it didn't happen overnight...in fact, it took a year or two.

Be the type of friend you want. If you would like someone to reach out to you, instead of waiting for someone to do it, why don't you take the initiative and reach out to someone you feel like connecting with?

mayalove
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I understand. I have been feeling completly alone latly and that is what has been bugging me the last few days. I have always had a hard time making friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)