Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

normal discharge?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 4 Replies

with my first pregnancy i had tons of dishcharge and so far it seems to be true with this pregnancy. i am 9 weeks along. and i woke up this morning with discharge that was watery. it freaked me out because i never experienced it before. my ob said it was more than likely not amniotic fluid and as long as i wasnt bleeding or cramping or filling a pad within a few hours it was nothing to worry about. so now i am just curious anyone else get watery discharge? im used to mine being white and gooey not clear and watery. also i kow its tmi. but i had sex last night and we fell asleep pretty much afterward and didnt know if anyone knew if that could affect my morning dishcarge?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Yes, your discharge probably contains semen which will change the consistancy a bit.

Reina13
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I agree with the previous poster. As long as things are back to normal now, you should be fine...lol

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

You said you had sex and that's probably what changed the consistency of the discharge since semen thins things out quite a bit. It's one of the reasons sex is often a labor trigger when you're in the later stages of pregnancy. ;)

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

LancesMom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yes, your discharge probably contains semen which will change the consistancy a bit.

Yup! This! =)

Make sure to mention to the Doctor at your next check-up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)