Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

IUD and Tampon usage? (sorry if TMI for some)

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to accidently pull out an IUD with a tampon?  I almost think I did... Today will be 5 days into my cycle and my period has finally slowed down (as of last night). Yesterday when I took out a tampon and it was a little dryer than it had been before because of my heavier flow, I felt a little resistance or almost a 'pop'.  I never checked in the toilet because I didn't think of then. Wish I had!  I got to thinking about it and when I took a shower this morning I tried to check the strings of my IUD and I couldn't find them!  I usually do have a hard time finding them, but usually after a couple tries I can feel something! I didn't feel anything!  I don't know if it was up higher than usual cause sometimes the strings do get moved around.... but without having a tampon in since yesterday early evening it seems like they wouldn't have been pushed up at all.  Ugh... I don't know what to do. My husband was looking into getting a vasectomy but he hasn't gotten it yet. I just had this IUD put in last July and these things are expensive (it was the 10 yr one)... it shouldn't have come out yet!  Has anyone else heard of this happening or am I just freaking out for nothing?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
It is common for it to get pulled out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I had it happen to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Yes it can happen
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mezmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Thanks ladies!  Looks like I'm gonna have to go see the doc :(

NurseHeart
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Oh no there is a very real possibility that you dislodged the IUD, you should see a dr 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN