Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

She's 12 and pregnant:-( UPDATE- Another update

Posted by   + Show Post
Found out a few days ago that my 12 yr old cousin is pregnant. Its just crazy. Small update, she went to the doctor and is around a month along. The boy is mad sayin the babies not his. The state is filing statatury rape against him, my family said they didnt want to but the state is anyways, they said if she was 13 then they couldnt. Update- she's having a boy and due the middle of september. Hasnt talked to the boy, dont believe he will be around for anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
BlessedMammaof2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
So sad. :( I hope your able to be a support to her. She'll need it. My dad got his GF pregnant when he was 12 & she was 14 but she aborted. My dad had a rough childhood being abused by my grandfather.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

That's sad :( I'm sorry.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister had a friend that got pregnant at 12. Surprisingly she did graduate high school. She has a total of 4 children now. She is 25 and seems to be doing ok. There is hope that it won't ruin her life or the child's life. She is going to need tons and tons of support but she can get through it. I was 18 and I remember how hard it was, I couldnt imagine being 12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areid1023
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

yeah, thats pretty much what i was thinking. and im not really sure what good would come from any legal ramifications for the 15 year old. 15 is insanely young also. its just so shocking. honestly, if it was my child, either one, having them parent the baby would be the very last thing i would want. 

Quoting TheJs:

neither one is of consenting age. I'm not sure if the law can do much

Quoting areid1023:

oh wow. this is so sad. :(.

is that legal? 15 and 12? 

how far along is she?

Quoting rigosgurl:

I guess she's keepin the baby and is gonna be home schooled. The guy is 15. Its her best friends brother, no one knew she was seein him.

Quoting Shelby212302:

OMG. What's the plan? At that age I don't think there is such a thing as consenting.

my little bug! 11-29-08

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 12 when I started having sex. I knew what I was doing. A year later when my older sister had one of those fake babies I was one the up at night with it. She ended up pregnant within the year of doing that stupid doll.

I wouldn't blame it all on the guy. A lady I work with her daughter got pregnant so she could be on Teen Mom.

Quoting karamelkat9:

I think the 15 year old guy needs to have his junk checked! If that was my girl, I would seriously wanna kick the little boys butt! There is no way a 12 year old when even know what to do.... I blame it all on him. It makes me sick.

BroCosMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I agree look at tv shows now a days hs kids getting married Disney channel tv shows where kids are having relationships def don't just blame the boy 12 and 15 I say they both knew what they were doing 12 and 17-18 different story girls mature faster then boys I feel sad for her I had my first at 21 my husband was jn the army and we were financially stable it was still hard praying for her and the boy and both families

Quoting a06z08mama:

I was 12 when I started having sex. I knew what I was doing. A year later when my older sister had one of those fake babies I was one the up at night with it. She ended up pregnant within the year of doing that stupid doll.

I wouldn't blame it all on the guy. A lady I work with her daughter got pregnant so she could be on Teen Mom.

Quoting karamelkat9:

I think the 15 year old guy needs to have his junk checked! If that was my girl, I would seriously wanna kick the little boys butt! There is no way a 12 year old when even know what to do.... I blame it all on him. It makes me sick.

karamelkat9
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM
My little sister is 12 and likes guys but that is about it. She doesnt know all about that stuff an honestly i think 12 years old is a bit young to start doing what adults do. I didnt have my first love making until i was 18.
An kids an teen mom just do stuff to get attention. Its all publicity.

Quoting a06z08mama:

Quoting karamelkat9:

TheJs
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM
yeah. it is heartbreaking. i can't imagine.

Quoting areid1023:

yeah, thats pretty much what i was thinking. and im not really sure what good would come from any legal ramifications for the 15 year old. 15 is insanely young also. its just so shocking. honestly, if it was my child, either one, having them parent the baby would be the very last thing i would want. 

Quoting TheJs:

neither one is of consenting age. I'm not sure if the law can do much

Quoting areid1023:

oh wow. this is so sad. :(.

is that legal? 15 and 12? 

how far along is she?

Quoting rigosgurl:

I guess she's keepin the baby and is gonna be home schooled. The guy is 15. Its her best friends brother, no one knew she was seein him.

Quoting Shelby212302:

OMG. What's the plan? At that age I don't think there is such a thing as consenting.

kiriis
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
This really made me want to cry for you. That poor girl. What does the 15 year old and his parents plan on doing?
KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Depending on where you live, her parents could be prosecuted for "not protecting the rights of a minor". My sister got pregnant at 14 and the guy was older (way older of course) and they had to make an attempt to press charges or else DHS/CPS was going to get involved.

But you have to look at how fast kids are maturing these days, they want to do the grown up a lot sooner because they are seeing and hearing about it EVERYWHERE. So no, I would not blame it all on the guy, from what OP says it doesn't seem she was raped. She consented even if she didnt fully understand what the ramifications were.

My opinion, and this is just my opinion after seeing my sister be so young and struggling to raise a baby emotionally and physically(my parents paid for everything for her) I would suggest a family member adopting the baby. Obviously she is not able to financially support the baby, but still raising a child is a lot to put on a girl who probably just got her period last year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN