Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Holy crap, I'm lactating?!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
Yeah my DD was breast fed for 3 months. Due to supply issues we stopped. She's now a happy, healthy (if not tiny) 7 month old.

Last night I was going to shower and noticed white stuff on my nipple. Tried to wipe it off and it was sorta stuck. Grabbed my boob to get a better look only to have breast milk come out. I have been completely dried up for 2 months now.

What on Earth could be causing this? If I am pregnant I would only be 2-3 weeks and I don't feel like that would be causing me to produce milk already.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s.osborne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM
My DS is almost 4 and I can still squeeze some out. It's only slightly gooey and damn near crusty but it'll still come out.
KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
This is clear at first then quickly turns milky like when I was still breast feeding.

Quoting s.osborne:

My DS is almost 4 and I can still squeeze some out. It's only slightly gooey and damn near crusty but it'll still come out.
s.osborne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
You may be pregnant. Or your hormones just may be out of wack. The woman's body is so weird and sensitive it could just be anything lol
HotJerZMama
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That actually happened to me after I stopped breastfeeding. I was freaking out lol but the dr said its nothing to worry about. Your hormones are probably just off. Give it a little time and it should be normal again with no breast milk.
KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
When I noticed I walked into the living room and told DH I think we are pregnant. I've definitely got something wacky going on with my uterus lol

Quoting s.osborne:

You may be pregnant. Or your hormones just may be out of wack. The woman's body is so weird and sensitive it could just be anything lol
s.osborne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Sounds like
TexasWife
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM

If it was hot water and beating directly on the boob area. That is a way to help promote lactation.

Loralismommy224
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM
It can take a woman up to a yr to stop lactating...doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant, but it wouldn't hurt to test just to make sure.
KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM

This was before I got in the shower. As I was getting undressed. I hadn't even turned the water on yet lol.

Quoting TexasWife:

If it was hot water and beating directly on the boob area. That is a way to help promote lactation.

KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I'm going to wait till closer time for a period unless I start experiencing more symptoms. I know if I keep thinking I am I can trick my body into believing I am, so I'm trying to play it as cool and calm as possible.

Quoting Loralismommy224:

It can take a woman up to a yr to stop lactating...doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant, but it wouldn't hurt to test just to make sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)