Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Good carseats/ booster seats

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 26 Replies
Im tryinb ti figure out what kind if carseat/ booster to get my 15 month old he has one but it looks so uncomfortable its straight up and down. And when he takes naps in the car he is all flopped over and i hate it. I want something safe and comfy for him. I didnt know if they made some thats kind of high up. He loves being able to see us, well when me and his dad are up front, most of the time i sit in between him and his brother to keep them quiet. So uncomfortable for me lol
Do you ladies have any good suggestions and if you have pics, feel free to post them.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Why cant you talk to him from upfront ?  Is he facing forward or still rear facing?   We have a harness/booster that was 50 bucks or so and raised dd up more than others. Why do they have to be quiet in the car?  Car is the best time to have talks.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
You should checkout the car seat safety group.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaCryss20112
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Oh its not his talking, its his tantrums. He throws plenty of them and when im in the back its easier for me. Especially when he calls himself trying to get out of his seat or if he gets sleepy sometimes he acts like i have to be right there with him. Ive tried giving him snacks and toys. And his dad and i are always talking to him but he gets in those moods.

And he is facing front

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why cant you talk to him from upfront ?  Is he facing forward or still rear facing?   We have a harness/booster that was 50 bucks or so and raised dd up more than others. Why do they have to be quiet in the car?  Car is the best time to have talks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCryss20112
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I didnt know they had one of those. Thanks :)

Quoting Courtney610:

You should checkout the car seat safety group.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

oh gotcha.   Which one does he have right now so i dont suggest the same thing?

Quoting MamaCryss20112:

Oh its not his talking, its his tantrums. He throws plenty of them and when im in the back its easier for me. Especially when he calls himself trying to get out of his seat or if he gets sleepy sometimes he acts like i have to be right there with him. Ive tried giving him snacks and toys. And his dad and i are always talking to him but he gets in those moods.

And he is facing front

Quoting frndlyfn:

brittanyx22
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I love my DDs MyRide 65!
MamaCryss20112
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Im not sure his grandma got it since it was on sale.

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh gotcha.   Which one does he have right now so i dont suggest the same thing?

Quoting MamaCryss20112:

And he is facing front

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCryss20112
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM
:) i love my little boys too one cries alot, he is three mons, and one is bad he is the 15 mon old.

Quoting brittanyx22:

I love my DDs MyRide 65!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Yep.
Quoting MamaCryss20112:

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
At 15 months he should really still be rear facing. It's recommended by both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the NHTSA.

ALL kids go through a "I hate being in a car seat" phase, it passes.

A good convertable seat will be best. What is his height and weight, and what is your budget?

If he is flopped over, his straps may be too lose. The harness must be "snug as a hug" and you should not be able to pinch any loose material. His chest clip should be over his nipples, parallel with his armpits.
For forward facing, the harness straps should come from at or above his shoulders.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN