Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

It's Official!!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yes, i call my boyfriend DF because we have been together for almost 6 years and have planned on getting married anyway. I have gotten a couple rings back in 2009, but we couldn't afford them and returned them :/ crappy, i know. So then, i told don't buy me another one until you know for a fact i can keep it.

Well, last night, we went to my mom's for super bowl Sunday, and i was sitting in the new recliners my grandma had just won from a budweiser sweepstakes, and here come my boys, mom and DF from down the hallway. My oldest hands me the box and says, here mom, this is for you. So everyone including my step dad gathered around and my oldest starts recording on his ipod. DF gets down on the side of me and i barely open the box and i see a ring. Yep. I closed that box and waited for him to do his thing lol.

Babe, you know I've been wanting to get you the best ring you deserve. Well, i found it. And you know i wouldn't be here where I'm at today in life if it wasn't for you. I think he said other stuff lol and then he said that is why i want to marry you.

Then, i find out, that ring, along with the band that i can't have yet, was my great grandmas. :O !!!! It was her wedding set from 1932!! My mom used to wear the band to this set all the time. My mom took back all her old gold and rings she didn't want anymore and reset, resized and added the diamond, all for me!! Now, i can't ever get rid of the ring. My mom wants me to give it to either my boys daughter, or one of my cousins when they are older. Thing is, i don't plan on letting go of it unless I'm on my death bed and my great grandkid is about to get married lol.

Sorry, i just had to share my special moment during the super bowl!! :))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats, that is wonderful! =) 

brwneyebeauty13
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Aww congrats. I wish my bf would propose. I don't even want a ring :)
hplesha
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
It took forever, but it was worth it!

Quoting brwneyebeauty13:

Aww congrats. I wish my bf would propose. I don't even want a ring :)
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg! Yayyyyy!!! <3 You deserve it, girl! :) the ring is beautiful & I'm soooo happy for you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nford2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Congrats that is so sweet and so special!

Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats

MommyofSCC
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That is beautiful an amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

VanillaBlondie8
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

How sweet!! Congrats!!! =)

hplesha
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Thing is, i remember my mom telling me when i was like 13 that she was going to give that to whoever i married as my rings. I've never seen it with the center diamond in it! I'm super excited!

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Omg! Yayyyyy!!! <3 You deserve it, girl! :) the ring is beautiful & I'm soooo happy for you!!!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN