Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

stupid carseat question!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
Please dont bash me for not knowing this already lol so you dont put carseats in the front seat because of airbags, right? So if you were to turn off the airbags in your car, is it then ok to put the carseat in the front seat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

If you can avoid it, you shouldn't put a car seat in the front at all.  But in cases like trucks with no back seat, then yes, you can turn the air bag off and put the car seat in the passenger seat.  Personally, I would NEVER be comfortable with it.

MommyLehr
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Yes. It's not ideal but if you don't have any other choice it would be ok
Fields456
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is ok if the air bag can be turned off or the censor isn't activated. But unless u have a single can or 2 seater it is preferred and recommended a child under 12 especially one in a car seat sits in the back. It is also safer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I personally would not put my child in the front seat with or without the airbag being on. It is much safer for them to be in the back of the car. Especially if there were to be a front end collision.

erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
My dh has to use a pick up that doesn't have a back seat. He turns off the airbag. I still don't like it but sometimes we don't have a choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Exactly this! :)

Quoting MommySwiggles:

If you can avoid it, you shouldn't put a car seat in the front at all.  But in cases like trucks with no back seat, then yes, you can turn the air bag off and put the car seat in the passenger seat.  Personally, I would NEVER be comfortable with it.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Great information! :)

Quoting Fields456:

Yes it is ok if the air bag can be turned off or the censor isn't activated. But unless u have a single can or 2 seater it is preferred and recommended a child under 12 especially one in a car seat sits in the back. It is also safer
LHummel
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Back seat is safer. 

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
This :)

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
And for the record, there is NO stupid question! :)

Unless you ask me if I want chocolate, because DUH, of course I do!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)