Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Kinda new, but just wanted to know how you all felt about the Superbowl halftime performance this year?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hey ladies, I am not the type to get so up in arms over stuff on TV ...I mean the TV is just ridiculous already (although I do have my little guilty pleasures I watch when DS is sleep like Real Housewives lol) However the Superbowl halftime show featuring Beyonce' this year???? I am 28 so I started out liking Destiny's Child, I liked them a lot as a teen, and when Beyonce' went solo I followed her for her first and second solo albums, but then all the sudden she seemed to grow up and get raunchy to me she is always half naked and she does a lot of suggestive gyrating that I really don't find necessary on TV but I digress

Her performance is not want I am criticising I actually thought she worked hard out there to dance and sing at the same time. However did she need to wear lingerie while doing it? There are millions of people watching this halftime performance including children of all ages, why would she chose such an outfit for a performance with such a high number of children watching? Of course she has a killer body and looks fabulous for just having a baby last year but I seriously felt that the outfit plus some of the more suggestive dance moves should have been saved for a concert that was not televised. I would never allow my son to look at something like that on TV so why would I just because it was the superbowl (mind you my son is not allowed to watch anything but PBS Kids right now and only 1 hour a day)  

I don't know I was just really taken aback, I felt like Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson came out and perfomed before the game and looked very nice, classy and beautiful. So Beyonce could have done the same in my opinion. 

Am I the only one who feels this way? I posted this on FB and some people agreed but I also got backlash, my aunt even called me JEALOUS of Beyonce'??!?!??!?! Which I in no way am jealous of her, so I barely acknowledged her comment, but I am interested in what you all think? 

"You are a soul, you have a body"

--C.S. Lewis

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM
The way she dressed did not bother me. I actually through the outfit was very tasteful. If you actually look at her, rather like an iceskating out fit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN