Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Newbie and a first time mum!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: does your baby sleep through the night at 6 months?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

my lil baby just turned six months few days about a week ago and i really feel like theres so much things that im not sure about, like if im doing things right.. this is probably why i joined this site.. maybe to get something from experienced mommies out there :) .. i don't know but my baby still keeps waking up every two hours at night and im not sure if there was something wrong coz i heard that he should be sleeping through the night by now.. im not sure what im doing wrong.. it gets frustrating sometimes but i know i should be more patient. is this normal for 6months old babies?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (11-14):
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

It's normal. I know very few mothers whose babies sleep through the night until they are about 2

MichelleSw
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

ADORABLE baby! Mine did not sleep through the night until well after a year. (consistantly that is)

KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I just wanted to make sure you knew the true signs of readiness for solids because he is probably teething, chewing on a blanket is not a sign he's more hungry:-)

The signs of readiness for solids are:
*Sitting completely unassisted.
*Able to use thumb and finger (pincher grasp) to pick up cheerio sized pieces of food(this is not to be confused with the Palmer grasp where baby uses fingers and palm to grasp/pick up food.)
*Loss of the tongue thrust reflex which makes baby push out food automatically.

Rice cereal isn't recommended as a first food anymore either. You may want to look into baby led solids.

Quoting NiceBevs:

i try feeding him a lil bit of rice cereal. i just started introducing food to him just recently when i noticed him trying to nibble on his blanky a lot i thought he was ready for it,,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My kids were ff so they slept longer at night. My 7 mo old niece still wakes up every two hrs to be bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)