Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hurt to be lied to about this.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
Recently, I was told that my paternal grandmother was very sick. How the described it was that it was cancer in her blood that makes her blood thicken and she would have to do blood letting and blood thinners. They also made a point to say that it WAS NOT leukemia. So I was worried but optomistic that the treatment and medication would work.

Skip to last night and a phone call fr my mother. Turns out the info we were given was a lie. Family apparently thought it was a good idea to not tell people that grandma DOES in fact have leukemia. But, my grandma told my mom the truth. My grandma also didnt know why people were lying. She is optimistic buy she is taking a pill that she can't even touch with her skin to kill the cancer. Now, I am terrified, she is im her 80's but I still feel like I wony ever see her again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
How is not touching it supposed to help her?
MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
They didn't elaborate much more about the pill but apparently it can destroy her skin. My mother used thr example of acid. They didn't tell me the name of the med ot I would research it. But the doc told her to get it into a cup to take it and not to put it in he hand.

Quoting TempestRayne:

How is not touching it supposed to help her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaaytes
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Spend as much time as possible with her as you can!!! I lost both my grandparents within 3 months of each other about 3 years ago and have regretted not taking more time out of my busy schedule the last 3-4 years they were here to spend time with them!!!  I was very very close with them when I was under 18, like spending the entire summer at their house, being there weeks at a time, etc.  Trust me take the time to spend with her now just in case she doesn't make it longer!!  But here's to her beating this disease that would be wonderful!!!

MaddieKate
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM

They were lying to your family about your gmas condition!? Wtf!? I'd nut up on someone in a heartbeat for that. Especially if your gma isnt the one who asked them to keep the severity of the condition quiet.

If I were your mom or even you, I would confront every person who lied and ask them why.

MaddieKate
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Also, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN