Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hormones are a B****

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

Sometimes I really hate being a woman. My hormones go out off whack out of nowhere, then I'm dealing with acne all over the place and mood swings that make me cry during TinkerBell movies. On top of that I'm tired and have no energy to get anything done. When I get out of 'the slump' I rush around trying to be as productive as possible before it hits again. It's frustrating and I'm tired of it. :(

Any advice? Changing bc isn't an option, I have the Mirena and am not willing to take it out and possibly get pregnant. (I don't do well with pills and I had to be taken off of Depo) I excercise regularly, and I eat decently.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lala06
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Bc in my case doesn't help my dd is 4 months and I still cry over some crazy stuff that normaly wouldn't affect me .. all I have his your not alone !! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I can't even say that it's possibly post partum hormones. My son is 8! haha This honestly just started happening a few years back. It is nice (in a selfish way of course lol) to know I'm not alone though. It's nice to know people understand. I feel like I can 'ignore it away'.....but it doesn't work that way I suppose. :/

Quoting Lala06:

Bc in my case doesn't help my dd is 4 months and I still cry over some crazy stuff that normaly wouldn't affect me .. all I have his your not alone !! :)

aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I have mirena and sware it gives me crazy psycho mood swings, but my doctor says its not from it. I don't know. I won't get it out either though. I have until October before my 5 years is up lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

This all started happening shortly after getting the Mirena put in so I also thought it was the Mirena causing it. I ended up finding out I have PCOS, that's what causes the worst fluctuations. Most women have PCOS sometime throughout their childbearing years, but it often is ignored. Generally it's not something to be worried about but it can explain some pain, moodiness.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

I have mirena and sware it gives me crazy psycho mood swings, but my doctor says its not from it. I don't know. I won't get it out either though. I have until October before my 5 years is up lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)