Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

oh really!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm not the judging type at ALL but it really makes my blood boil when older mother's *think*they know everything.
so i'm at the store just looking at baby food comparing prices nothing out of the ordinary and this older mom approaches me talking about how younger mothers today choose the easy way out buying baby food instead of feeding the babies homefood. She kept goin and going about how much healthier it is(like I don't know that) and so on.
After she was done I told her my mother raise me to respect my elders so with all respect I'm going to tell you this since you worry so much about what young mothers feed our babies. You should start worrying about what your feeding yourself because by the looks of it healthy is not your style.
the fact that we are young mothers doesn't make us dumb mothers. We know what's best for our kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Allebas
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Oh my!!! Was she like slightly overweight? Medium overweight or super obesely overweight? I'm just curious here. You actually handled that better than I would have!! I would have probably said, "You sure do assume a lot for not even knowing me!! How do you know that I'm not picking up baby food for a friends child?" Or, "If I wanted your advice, I would have asked for it!!" Did she say anything to you after you pretty much told her off?? YOU ROCK!! So glad you stuck up for yourself! If that had happened to my MIL, she would have said nothing to the lady and just walked away! She doesn't like confrontations at all!

Monica_0812
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Let's just say she looked like she was eating REALLY good lol..the reason why I let her talk that long was because I was just amazed how rude some people are these days. After I told her my toughts I walked away. She was pissed off and kept talking as I walked away. So I looked back and kind of yelled outloud *make sure you buy some Diet drpepper to go with that burger*...wrong I know but it made me laugh.

Quoting Allebas:

Oh my!!! Was she like slightly overweight? Medium overweight or super obesely overweight? I'm just curious here. You actually handled that better than I would have!! I would have probably said, "You sure do assume a lot for not even knowing me!! How do you know that I'm not picking up baby food for a friends child?" Or, "If I wanted your advice, I would have asked for it!!" Did she say anything to you after you pretty much told her off?? YOU ROCK!! So glad you stuck up for yourself! If that had happened to my MIL, she would have said nothing to the lady and just walked away! She doesn't like confrontations at all!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

ROFL!! ROFL!! I LOVE the Diet Dr. Pepper comment!!! ROFL!! ROFL!! Ya--some ppl are just plain rude and don't know 'how' to mind their own damn business!!

Quoting Monica_0812:

Let's just say she looked like she was eating REALLY good lol..the reason why I let her talk that long was because I was just amazed how rude some people are these days. After I told her my toughts I walked away. She was pissed off and kept talking as I walked away. So I looked back and kind of yelled outloud *make sure you buy some Diet drpepper to go with that burger*...wrong I know but it made me laugh.

Quoting Allebas:

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM

LOL at the diet Dr pepper..

i hate those nosey moms too.. dont we all?

LuLuRex
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I would have had a lot of fun with her. I don't like when people get preachy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN