Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kid nicknames

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 30 Replies

my little girl is 5 weeks old and DH calls her tato (as in potato) she got this nick name day 1 while we were in the hospital. they had just wrapped her up in her blanket and gave her to her dad. instantly thats what he called her. no idea why.

whats nicknames do your kids have? how/when did they get them?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hi_Rae
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I've called my 9.5 month old Baby Bear since the day he was born, but he has a dozen nicknames
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Lol that's cute.  My SO and I just call her boring normal names like pretty, honey, baby, etc. Nothing unique has ever stuck

LovingThem18
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I call our 15 month old Lady Bug and have been calling her that since I had her. My husband calls her "butt-butt" because of the way she walks.
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM

my 3 year old is name Gia Bella

we call her "Bella-rina" like ballerina =)

CafeMom Tickers
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM

we call her stinky butt lol. when she was bf she used to have massive blow outs every 3-4 days. so it stuck. we really should start calling her by her real nickname though, isa short for isabelle

kaitlynherring
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Dd's name is Jaelynn but we call her Bug. When the doctor handed her to dh he said "well hey there little bug" and it stuck. Her cousin's call her Jaylee bug.
shannzuno
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Awesome opossum, a friends is Ducky, and panda.
AlexisBryan22
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM

My son's uncle has always called my son TATA BEAR,he has so many nicknames from everybody like: little b, little bryan, fat boy, Matita, Bears!!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I call my dd Bug. Ever since I first held her I have called her that. Cause she was just a cute little bug. Lol
Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM
We call DD "bean" because before we found out the sex, DH was just calling her his bean and it just stuck. Now my parents call her boogie, don't know where it came from but it stuck there too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)