Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Co sleeping !!!?!!!!?!?!!?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have 3 boys and my youngest is the only one I've ever co slept with ... He just turned 1 and I'm having difficulties getting him out of my bed and sleeping in his crib. He just won't do it.. He screams as cries. I've tried letting him cry it out for a week and that didn't work. He is still waking up about 2-4 times a night to nurse. And I don't really think he wants to nurse he just is used to the sucking because I was able to wean him off nursing dring the day- he just does this at night. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mcca1619
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I went through the same thing with my first son and am now with my second. I just started giving him a bottle before bed time and would lay him down. He would cry and cry and eventually he got used to it. It seemed like a lifetime before he ever slept through the night. Now I am having trouble getting my one year old to sleep alone also. He will start off in his crib, but wakes up every night so to get sleep I just put him in the bed with me.

mommyofthree89
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I also only co-slept with my youngest but she got used to her own bed when she was 8 months. She still likes to sleep in my bed sometimes so what I do is I let her fall asleep with me then I move her to her own bed. I also give her a bottle at bedtime to help her fall asleep. Good luck!

LoveonHollySt
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Does he have a lovey?  Maybe get him to adopt one.  Since he likes to nurse at night what about a binki?  You could also try a warm water bottle (flexible plastic) wrapped in one of your shirts and lay it in there with him.  A clock helps too.  The constant ticking is what does it.  I never let my kids sleep with me but it works for puppies.  I figured we are just sophisticated animals so it should work.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Be patient.
VictoriousTory
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Im no help... I never let my little ones sleep with me... because I KNEW it would be terrible to break them of the habit later... But we gave Boog a bottle before bed and that helped him sleep thru the night... right after bath time :)

Dimples303
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I co slept with my daughter until she was ready to move into her own bed without freaking out... She was about 1 1/2.

AidansMomMom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Try putting him in a toddler bed. It worked for my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)