Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

mommy dearest

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 16 Replies
Did you have a key to your house as a kid/teen?

I was reading on Facebook that my sister got home after an early morning class and run. No one answered the door when she knocked so she napped on the porch. It pisses me off that my moms house is not our home, we are only "allowed" to stay there. That's what t felt like, it was not our home because we had to have permission to enter.... Im married, so I don't live there anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Yes.

GremlinMom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Oh, I forgot to say that I DID NOT have a key to my parents house, ever. I was laughed at when I asked a few times. None of my 4 siblings have ever had a key. My brother had to sleep in his car if he got out of work late because my mom locked the door at a certain time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I never had one either, my mother was a bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I had one, as did my brothers. We live in Michigan where it gets pretty cold to stay outdoors. Plus my mom worked so it's not like she could come home and let us in after school.
Even if we forgot keys though we knew how to break in, so it was only once or twice we were locked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM
We all had keys. My parents worked full time, so the 3 of us would do whatever we wanted after school and come home all at different times. Even after all of us moving out and getting our own places, my mom made sure to give us spare keys to her place and she's always had a spare to mine. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaydenmommy10
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

At a certain age my kids will have a key exspecially if they are old enough to be out with out me or someone else

MaddieKate
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I have ALWAYS had a key to my house. I even have one to my boyfriends parents house.
Thats pretty ridiculous that you and your siblings have to suffer the elements and other potential dangers all because your mom doesnt want to give you a key. =[

erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
My mom never locked the doors. Times have def changed. She still doesn't though. She's crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SFsupermommy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yep, I had a key and still do! haha 

TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Quoting SFsupermommy:

Yep, I had a key and still do! haha 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)