Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so tired of right-wing fucking people trying to say that being gay is wrong. That LGBTQ people shouldn't get married and should just basically 'turn straight'. Sorry, it's who we are. We don't go around telling you who you can and cannot be.

Anti-gays say that the gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage. Totally false. With the divorce rate so high, and infidelity being at such high rates, I'd say it's the straight people that use marriage as a revolving door that are ruining the sanctity of marriage. Given a chance, LGBTQs given a right to marry,the same rights that all other people have, they just may help this country lower the divorce rates because they fought so hard for those rights.

And don't go spitting that 'gays are going to hell, God hates fags' bullshit. Times have changed. If the Bible were still used today as it was in ancient times, all you cheating spouses would be stoned to death and raped women would have to marry their rapists.

I am a mother of 3. I teach my children tolerance to everyone. And that everyone, regardless if age, race, gender or sexual orientation, is worthy of love.

I am a woman, I am a daughter, I am a mother. I am Pansexual. I am human.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
flawskii
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a lesbian so I completely understand!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm all for gay marriage and adoption and letting everyone live their lives (although I think marriage she be reserved for only consenting adults over 18. I am also OK with polygamy/polyandry). I also don't believe in hell... I'm pretty moderate/ right sided so don't lump us all together with extremers :)
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I don't believe in Hate. Plain and simple.
TheJs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I've never heard the q thrown in there. thanks for enlightening us. :)

Quoting RiotPixie:

LGBTQ is lesbian, gay, bi, trans, and queer/questioning.

Quoting momsince04:

What is LGBTQ? And good for you :) you have my support :)

Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM
"With the divorce rate so high, and infidelity being at such high rates, I'd say it's the straight people that use marriage as a revolving door that are ruining the sanctity of marriage"

^ I agree that people need to be more tolerant & accepting of other lifestyles & sexual preferences. HOWEVER, it is not "straight people" whom are to blame.... Don't lump them all together (that's disrespectful)... It's cheaters, liars, & people who don't value marriage who are to blame. ;)

Anyways, that's my 2cents. Carry on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areid1023
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

gay pride ribbon

EveyTri
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You have my support. I'm... something not-straight, I don't really have a label for it, but oh well. I'm the last person to judge on gender or sexuality.

proudmama11212
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You have my full support!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queen_k0302
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
*Stands and claps!*

Im straight but love my LGBTQ people!

I also teach my children not to judge people.
dixie.mom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I am a right wing christian but, i don't think religion has anything to do with legal marriage.I do support same sex marriage.

The craziest thing ive heard is, "If we give quests their right to sexual preference then pedophiles will be next. Gays will make child rape legal."

WTF?!? How stupid can people really be? You can't argue that its different because two consenting adults vs. child rape are actually polar opposites on the legal spectrum because they're retarded. I can't understand why people are so threatened by an adults sexuality when it doesn't affect them at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)