Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Wanting to be a SAHM

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
Do any of you working mommas want to be a sahm?? I really want to quit my job to be a sahm. I really don't like my job and wish they would let me work at home, even though many of my co workers do. and my SO doesn't have a reliable enough job for me to do that, and I'm the bread winner right now, although he is pondering joining the military.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mestiza_07
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Sometimes I wish I can be to be with my kids more but then again I do love my job on most days. Plus like you I'm the breadwinner too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leinaala09
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I guess that's went I got my bachelor's degree... although my daughter gets mad at me for working so much. :/ I work 4 10's.
ashleigh24
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I was for 6 years and I started my own daycare business this past year and I love it. I'm still here for my dd but I make a paycheck too. Now I'm divorcing so I'm so glad I do have a job :-) I'm getting on my feet and everything is falling into place for me and my dd! I'm so glad it is. I'm so ready to not depend on someone else!!
camo.roo
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I just quit my Job of almost 2 years to be a sahm again!
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I am, and love it. I woked for a little over a year, and although I made great money, I missed the kids too much and it wasn't worth it.

My DH had a very good, reliable job, though.

Have you talked to your DH about getting a better Job so you can stay home?
momsince04
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I love being at home, but it was hard in the beginning. I got very depressed an lonely, and it was hard, not making my own money, and having other adults around. I've been a SAHM for about 6 months and with a newborn I'm busy now. Just plan on getting bored at times. Start thinking of things you could do and get a hobby :)
I wouldn't change this for anything, I'm home when my older kids get home, and I'm home for hubby. I love it :)
erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I was working until my dh became a recruiter for the natl guard. I've been a sahm now for 3 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)