Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Seats PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

Alright, so I never post on here, but I'm having a car seat issue and need some advice where my google research is lacking.

My son just turned 2 on December 15th, but he is a BIG BOY. He is 40 inches tall and 40lbs. He looks like a 4 year old. He is currently in a convertable car seat that is stretched TO THE MAX, and has been for a while. I feel terrible because every time I buckle him in he points to it and goes "Owwwie Mommy! Too tight!". In doing research it seems like the next step is a high back booster seat, but I just don't think I'm comfortable with that just yet. We're also working on a budget here as I am a single parent, so I need something safe, that will last a while, and is affordable (I won't skimp on my child's safety though, so if you have a good suggestion that is on the pricey side please still feel free to throw that out there). Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

ETA: We currently have the Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cnlsmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I would recommend joining the car seat group. It's a bunch of very knowledgable moms and certified techs in there too. They will know what has the best options for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
You CANNOT put a child under 4 years old in a booster, EVER. It can kill him!

He has likely already outgrown his seat, which is VERY dangerous. He needs a new seat immediately.

Your best options are:
Britax Frontier 85
Evenflo SecureKid 400
Graco Nautilus
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM
This!!!

Quoting MamaPeanut:

You CANNOT put a child under 4 years old in a booster, EVER. It can kill him!

He has likely already outgrown his seat, which is VERY dangerous. He needs a new seat immediately.

Your best options are:

Britax Frontier 85

Evenflo SecureKid 400

Graco Nautilus
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss.penguin
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
What state do you live in? In California the chp have a program where you might be able to get a free seat, and they would have information on what's best safety wise for your situation. I don't know if other states highway patrol handle car seat screenings but chp does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)