Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my mom Monday, Where do I turn? PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello All..I woke up monday morning to find my dear mother had passed away in her sleep. She was perfectly fine on sunday at our super bowl party, and went to sleep about 1am and never woke upmonday :( She was only 46, the autopsy did not show anything so I am still lost on what happened to my mom..She was my best friend!! I still replay walking into the room and touching her back, my heart is completely broken. Im only 24, I thought I had so many more years with her :(

She did not have any plans set, or life insurance in place. So that left me and my sister to cover it all. I have called our local trustee and was told they "might" help, but the funeral home told us not to bother, they never have funds and never keep their promises, I called medicaid but they wont help bc she applied on the 31st and it wasnt approved yet, I asked SS and they told me bc I am not a minor and she does not have a husband, they can not help. I have raised $1000 so far and have $1000 left to bring my moms ashes home. I had to cremate bc burial was $11,000 and I was unable to afford that. I am not here asking for anything but a direction to go, Is there someone/somewhere I missed? Any other info would be great, after all of this, all I want is to have her home with her family where she can rest in peace. Thank you 

Please, keep the negative comments out of this, I have dealt with alot and am not asking for anything more than advice here.thank you all  

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomRocs1102
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I am so sorry for your lose.  I am unable to help as i don't know any information that can assist you.  I just wanted to send my condolences.  Also this is not a post that should make anyone be negative, anyone that makes a negative comment here is just being heartless.  Good luck (hugs)

Titana
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
*HUGS* no advice but I wish you the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
So sorry for ur loss. I don't have advice but wanted to send a hug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiehotmomma
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM
So sorry for you loss. I could just imagine how you must feel. You helped me appreciate my mom so much more. We sometimes take our moms for granted. I'm sorry that I am not much of a help. I am 23 not much younger then you so I can imagine what you must be going through. Are their any family members that have lent a helping hand? Look around there has to be some way someone could help out a bit. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Quoting Titana:

*HUGS* no advice but I wish you the best!

scoleman828
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM
So sorry for your loss! *hugs* try local churches for donations maybe? In my town, people will put collection jars for medical/funeral purposes in local restaurants... Hope this helps...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)