Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Diaper" rash on potty trained dd?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 20 Replies
So my dd is 2 and has been day time potty trained since November when she turned 2. My issue is that she now constantly has a diaper rash/eczema looking rash on her butt constantly! It gets slightly better and slightly worse, but never goes away. When she saw her pediatrician in December she said it wasn't anything to worry over unless it got infected, but it seems to bother dd sometimes (but not always). We've tried changing to free and clear detergents thinking maybe the transition to underwear from diapers was too much for her little butt, but it's done no good. She is cloth diapered at bedtime only and I put ointment on her then, but again, it doesn't help. We haven't made any other diet or detergent changes. She also still uses the same baby wash she always has. Anyone have any other thoughts or advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Is she not wiping properly perhaps ?  I dont know if you go in and help her or not for that but i would presume so. Have you tried a yeast infection cream on it instead of diaper cream?

cnlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I let her wipe and then I go do it also. I haven't tried yeast infection cream though... I guess I just assumed since she is out of diapers and it is only on her butt that wouldn't be it, but at this point I think anything is worth a shot!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is she not wiping properly perhaps ?  I dont know if you go in and help her or not for that but i would presume so. Have you tried a yeast infection cream on it instead of diaper cream?

bowribbonmama
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Possibly a yeast infection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM

If that were the case adults would not get them.   I would hope though if a yeast infection the doctor would be able to determine that so it could get treated properly.

Quoting cnlsmommy:

I let her wipe and then I go do it also. I haven't tried yeast infection cream though... I guess I just assumed since she is out of diapers and it is only on her butt that wouldn't be it, but at this point I think anything is worth a shot!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
My dd is 8 and has a patch of phoriasis (?) On her butt that shows up in the fall and stays till spring. It never fails.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I think I'm going to get out the nystatin and start that tonight. This never even crosses my mind! And I really don't know why because she's had them before!

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Possibly a yeast infection

cnlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I've never known an adult to get yeast infections only on their butt... I do think I am going to get out the nystatin tonight though.

Quoting frndlyfn:

If that were the case adults would not get them.   I would hope though if a yeast infection the doctor would be able to determine that so it could get treated properly.

Quoting cnlsmommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

cnlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
My dd has eczema and I was thinking that may be the case also. She got it last winter, gone for the summer, and back this winter. I think I will try the nystatin to rule out yeast and unless anyone else has ideas I think I am left with the eczema answer. Thanks!

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

My dd is 8 and has a patch of phoriasis (?) On her butt that shows up in the fall and stays till spring. It never fails.

t1gger143
by Katie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Try looser undies. My ds gets eczema and I've noticed that it isn't as bad if he has loose undies on so I now buy them a size bigger. He looks funny with saggy undies. Lol.
cnlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Thanks! Def anything worth a shot at this point! Saggy butt or not, lol.

Quoting t1gger143:

Try looser undies. My ds gets eczema and I've noticed that it isn't as bad if he has loose undies on so I now buy them a size bigger. He looks funny with saggy undies. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)