Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I knew this was coming, doesn't make it any easier

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
I know I haven't been on here in a few weeks. My brain is going to explode. We've had a lot happen in the last few weeks. To top it all off we had my 5 year old's sst. The school psych was in full agreement with me and was seeing what I was seeing. He has aspergers. She will be doing his assessments in the next two weeks and we are also looking at occupational therapy and speech therapy through the school and counciling through the insurance. My dh isn't taking it well even though we have seen this coming for years. I tried having him assessed at 18 months the first time and was told he was just immature. Although I saw this coming and I teach special Ed so I've been working with him it is still a punch in the gut. My mom is being her crazy self about it too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My sons being evaluated for all neuro stuff on the 18th it's a 3 hour evaluation for him. He's 4. I feel ya. I have three cousins that have it in my family and my ex even has it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I'm sorry, getting an Aspergers diagnosis is never is- shoot, hearing anything is wrong with your child that you can't fix is never easy.

My nephew has it, but therapy has been WONDERFUL for him. The difference is night and day.

Cassidysmom611
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

((hugs)) I am sorry, it is hard getting a dx even if you expect it. My soon to be 3 year old got diagnosed with "classic" autism back in June, and I remember like it was yesterday.

However, with lots of threapy and love she has made great strides. I am glad the school is on your side, that will be helpful! 

MomRocs1102
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM

my ds has aspergers so i understand hes 8

AngeLnChainZ
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I know exactly how you're feeling.

My 7 year old son was DXd ADHD, ODD, anxiety and OCD between 4 and 5 years old. Medicated after a year of intensive diet, therapy, and other strategies failing(I could handle the ADHD diagnosis fine.). Even with medication he continued to struggle so he is now suspected of being on the spectrum ... Hearing those words come out of his psychologist's  mouth was almost enough to make me physically ill... Doesn't help my family seems to just think he's a *normal* kid who will outgrow all of this, makes things even harder!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
((Hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:05 AM

((HUGS)) and you should also check out the Autism group - there are many moms with kids who have Aspergers there who can help you adjust to his diagnosis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)