Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it bother you that your man isn't romantic

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 40 Replies
Or does anything sweet, charming? Does it bother you when others tell you how much their man is? Or how their engagement was perfect etc.?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ragitty
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Sometimes it does. I don't really care what other people do but sometimes I wish he put more thought into things instead of going for the cliches

MamaLioness2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes and no. We are not your typical couple so I've gotten used to not having a typical relationship. He didn't really propose. We agreed we wanted to get married and one night I asked him "So, are we doing this?" and that's how we got engaged. He doesn't bring home flowers and he's terrible with gifts. I've never gotten a Christmas or birthday present, I got one valentine's present when we were first dating (a peridot ring that I use as my engagement ring) and last year he brought some chocolates home on Valentine's day as I was house bound with a newborn. He's just not that kind of guy. But he makes up for it by being there for me every step of the way, listening to me talk about the nonsense that randomly pops into my head, having amazing family outings (today we went and got a new mattress, a meat thermometer and a new toy for DS, went to pizza hut, then went and rented some movies and that was our big family outing. We had an amazing time though!). Sometimes when I hear of a really romantic proposal or a guy doing something really great for their girl I pine a little as my last serious relationship I was spoiled, but I found it wasn't really what I wanted. DF takes care of me and our son, is a wonderful man and father. We work together and enjoy just being together.

coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MamaLioness2012:

Yes and no. We are not your typical couple so I've gotten used to not having a typical relationship. He didn't really propose. We agreed we wanted to get married and one night I asked him "So, are we doing this?" and that's how we got engaged. He doesn't bring home flowers and he's terrible with gifts. I've never gotten a Christmas or birthday present, I got one valentine's present when we were first dating (a peridot ring that I use as my engagement ring) and last year he brought some chocolates home on Valentine's day as I was house bound with a newborn. He's just not that kind of guy. But he makes up for it by being there for me every step of the way, listening to me talk about the nonsense that randomly pops into my head, having amazing family outings (today we went and got a new mattress, a meat thermometer and a new toy for DS, went to pizza hut, then went and rented some movies and that was our big family outing. We had an amazing time though!). Sometimes when I hear of a really romantic proposal or a guy doing something really great for their girl I pine a little as my last serious relationship I was spoiled, but I found it wasn't really what I wanted. DF takes care of me and our son, is a wonderful man and father. We work together and enjoy just being together.

That made me smile. My dh gets sad that he isn't that way and I tell him it's ok. It does make me sad sometimes but mostly I love him for who he is and being romantic doesn't mean much.some men do it because they feel they have to...and it's not a want to.
ElliesMommyy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM

It kind of does to me.. Sometimes. It's like, if he were to act romantic NOW it would bother me because he has never been romantic. But if we were to ever separate I would want a man that is romantic.. But then again I want him to be more sweet and romantic lol. I'm complicated.I didn't get proposed to either :( I always pick on him for that. 

addiesmommy1109
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM
It doesn't bother me that he's not "romantic" in the typical sense but I wish he would make up for it by making me feel "special" and whatnot...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelse07
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Sometimes it does, but he told me before we started he wasn't the romantic type. I try to see the romance in the little things he does and it makes me feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Yes it does -.- before we started dating he bought me flowers and jewelry and now nothing anymore-.- i gotten used to it but sometimes i wish he was in a while
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Nope. It's who he is and he has never been romantic. My husband is an amazing husband and father, though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM

My husband is very romantic and he loves me very much. I'm sorry that your husband isn't like that.

If you feel you are missing out on something, talk to him about it.

ADC2005
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Some just show it differently, for example when my now husband and I were dating I never got flowers or anything like that, but my car was always clean and well maintained, he even got the keys from someone else when we worked together and put new brakes on it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)