Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could this be a pinched nerve?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

A few mornings ago I started having mild headaches along with a stiff neck, I'm on my period so I figured I was just feeling yucky.  Well it's been getting worse, the pain is sharp and stabbing, and it can be debilitating sometimes.  It's at the top of my spine and goes into both sides of my neck and over on to both sides of my shoulder blades.

It's not my muscles.  It isn't eased (much) with ibuprofen, a hot bath or icy hot and if I lay down to rest it only makes it more stiff and painful.  It doesn't hurt when I stretch a specific area, it hurts when I bunch the area up if that makes sense.  Like if the left side of my neck is hurting and I tilt my head to the left it kills me on that side.

Does anyone know what this might be?

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Could be. I'd make a doctor's appointment sometime this week and get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon!

hEiDiMaRiE25
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM

sounds like stress(tension) pains.... thats what happens to me when im stressed. but i agree with peaches, u should go get it checked out.

VictoriousTory
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

not to scare you.... but I had the same problem a few years ago.... I kept putting it off.... then it started giving me carpal tunnel like syptoms in my hands and arms.... I started dropping things... I couldnt grasp things... arm weakness... the headaches got worse... so I finally went to the dr about it... after going to my PCP she thought it was carpal tunnel... sent me to an orthapedic... who tried everything.,.. cordozone shots, medication... physical therapy... then finally an MRI... turns out I had two herniated discs in my neck! I ended up having two surgeries :( 

MMerrill
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Ooh that is scary!  I was going to go to the doctor today, but I woke up feeling a little better so I'm going to wait a little while and see if it continues to get better or worse.

Quoting VictoriousTory:

not to scare you.... but I had the same problem a few years ago.... I kept putting it off.... then it started giving me carpal tunnel like syptoms in my hands and arms.... I started dropping things... I couldnt grasp things... arm weakness... the headaches got worse... so I finally went to the dr about it... after going to my PCP she thought it was carpal tunnel... sent me to an orthapedic... who tried everything.,.. cordozone shots, medication... physical therapy... then finally an MRI... turns out I had two herniated discs in my neck! I ended up having two surgeries :( 

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

SamanthaSage
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Go to a massage therapist.
WorkingMom825
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Try a chiropractor

FoxTales
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Quoting WorkingMom825:

Try a chiropractor

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)