Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Things are looking up*UPDATE**UPDATE2**UpdatedPics*

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 34 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://s191.photobucket.com/user/CaponeKennels/library/house

This is the first year we are getting a pretty good tax return so I was looking around and found a forclosed house that they want 9900 for it's the perfect setting its out in the country has some land with it. We talked to the realtor and one room needs completly gutted and redone. But it has a small add on that's like a small apartment that is  completely liveable. The rest of the house is fine just the one room. Although the house will need a furnace, water heater, and appliances which is fine cause we actually have those. We are going to put an offer in as soon as we get our federal in and the bank is wanting it gone and no one has inquired about it at least that is what the realtor said. Hopefully we get an ok from the bank then we can start preparing to work on it.

UPDATE:

So finally we recieved our taxes cause they messed up direct deposit so we had to wait on a check. We put an offer in Tuesday, and come to find out someone else put an offer also but apparently our offers were the same amount but the other person doesn't want to go any higher, so we did in hopes of getting the house. So we should hear something this evening or tomorrow at the latest I am hoping we get it we cannot go much higher in offers.

UPDATE2:

Our realtor called us last night she was out of town our offer was finally accepted we are paying a little more than we wanted to but I really wanted the house and DH new it we only went 1000 over what we wanted. We sign everything today and get the keys I cannot wait to start working on it. I was already set up to not get it after all the problems with the bank at first so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.

"it's not just about the hunt, it's the chase"

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimhawk
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Wow! That is awesome! I wish we could find something like that.

hunting_chick85
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this

We got lucky for sure. We've been looking for awhile and I just so happened to come across it we drove out and looked at it then called the realtor. The kids loved it they already picked rooms and everything lol.

Quoting aimhawk:

Annettey19
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Exciting! Sounds like a really great deal! I hope it ends up being a fun thing. 

aimhawk
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM

We've been looking for awhile and found one, it was perfect for us all around. But it sold before we had the money to even put a contract down on it.

Quoting hunting_chick85:

We got lucky for sure. We've been looking for awhile and I just so happened to come across it we drove out and looked at it then called the realtor. The kids loved it they already picked rooms and everything lol.

Quoting aimhawk:

hunting_chick85
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Its way to good to pass up the realtor said we could offer less and get it. I love remodeling and decorating the house we have now we are buying on land contract there is just too many hidden problems we didn't know about and it's starting to feel cramped.

Quoting Annettey19:

Exciting! Sounds like a really great deal! I hope it ends up being a fun thing. 

hunting_chick85
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM

That sort of happened to us last year we found a place we loved although the house needed to be tore down and we offered on it and they turned it down and not even a month after that someone offered less and they sold it. So we are trying not to let this one get by us the realtor said we could get it for probably 6500-7000 so I think we will go with the higher amount just to be sure.

Quoting aimhawk:

We've been looking for awhile and found one, it was perfect for us all around. But it sold before we had the money to even put a contract down on it.

Quoting hunting_chick85:

Quoting aimhawk:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hunting_chick85
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Thanks hopefully our return is in soon so we can go do the offer

Quoting Courtney610:

Good luck!

hunting_chick85
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I am so excited so many projects for it are underway in my head.

ramita
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Even though I'm sure the bank sold the house as is, you should probably hire someone to inspect the house. That way you know now if there's any mold, electric problems, plumbing problems. Hope all turns out well no matter what, and hope.the rest of the way is smooth sailing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN