Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what can i give my 6 month son for his cold

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

i am really going crazy  here bcuz my son is sick...and this my first child and dont wnt to give him anything that going to hurt him can someone help.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM
What are the symptoms?
If all stuffy sit in the bathroom with him with the shower turned on hot and let him breathe the steam
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Quoting PeaceMuch:

What are the symptoms?
If all stuffy sit in the bathroom with him with the shower turned on hot and let him breathe the steam

This and also saline drops. There isn't much you can give or should give to babies when they're sick.

LancesMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Aw poor guy hope he feels better soon! I would call the pedi too to see if they have any ideas.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Breastmilk in the nose and just nurse extra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Saline and booger sucker if he's stuffed up. When he's sleeping elevate him in his crib so his head is a little higher. Humidifier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

all you can do is run a cool mist humidifier 

wonderstruck11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Vapor rub and that Johnsons Vapor bath. My daughter (14mo) has a cold also and there still isn't much I can do. Let him sleep as much as he wants and put vapor rub on his chest and back when you can. The hot steamed shower room works well too. If you have a humidifier (we don't) then try that.

My daughter has a runny nose and a cough that keeps her restless at night.
Ethans-mommy
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Only give them infants Tylenol and a warm bath to soothe them.
libby219
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM
saline drops if stuffy and alot of love u cnt give them much at tht age it gets better though after they turn a yr and u can give them medicine
Mommytorn
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Walmart carries an all natural cold syrup for kids 12 months and older..the main ingredient is honey and vitamin C (or maybe B?) and all the other ingredients are natural no "medicine" in it but its supposed to boost their immune system while they are sick to help them fight it off faster :)

Quoting wonderstruck11:

Vapor rub and that Johnsons Vapor bath. My daughter (14mo) has a cold also and there still isn't much I can do. Let him sleep as much as he wants and put vapor rub on his chest and back when you can. The hot steamed shower room works well too. If you have a humidifier (we don't) then try that.

My daughter has a runny nose and a cough that keeps her restless at night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)