Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Baby wearing :)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 16 Replies

Also, I'm in the market for a new carrier. DD is 7 months old, very active, and 16lbs. I've tried the moby, and it was okay, but I'm not comfortable wearing her any other way than the hug hold. No matter how tight I wrap it it still feels like she's going to fall over if I lean forward. I was thinking maybe a Mei Tai, but I'm not sure yet. Any advice?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeathLaw22
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I only have the moby I don't really like it though it hurts my back, but I agree with you on it not feeling tight enough. I am in the market for a new one, but I am having a hard time.

.Peaches.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I had a friend that made me a version of a wrap- one of those ones that you could wrap any way you want (the brand name escapes me, its been years since I've worn a baby!).

There may be someone else that can tell you the name of it, because I seriously have no clue :/

KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Possibly a Moby? It's a wrap carrier.

Quoting .Peaches.:

I had a friend that made me a version of a wrap- one of those ones that you could wrap any way you want (the brand name escapes me, its been years since I've worn a baby!).

There may be someone else that can tell you the name of it, because I seriously have no clue :/

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HeathLaw22
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM

So I decided to look, and I went to target.com and I found this infantino swift baby carrier it is 15.99 I read the reviews and they all say it is a really good carrier, you should check it out. My computer wont let me copy and paste so if this doesn't work I am sorry.

http://www.target.com/p/infantino-swift-baby-carrier/-/a-12877111#

.Peaches.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting .Peaches.:

No, it wasn't a Moby. The one she made me was customizable- I wrapped by baby all kinds of different ways and different holds. I use wrap and sling interchangably, so it might not have been a wrap by conventional definition.

KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM
It might be good for tiny babies, but from what I seem just in the pictures it's not good for older children for extended periods of time. To face out the babies are left "dangling at this hips" and cause higher instances of hip dysphasia.

Quoting HeathLaw22:

So I decided to look, and I went to target.com and I found this infantino swift baby carrier it is 15.99 I read the reviews and they all say it is a really good carrier, you should check it out. My computer wont let me copy and paste so if this doesn't work I am sorry.

KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Do you happen to remember how she made it?

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting .Peaches.:

No, it wasn't a Moby. The one she made me was customizable- I wrapped by baby all kinds of different ways and different holds. I use wrap and sling interchangably, so it might not have been a wrap by conventional definition.

.Peaches.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting .Peaches.:

I don't. I know that she started out doing it for herself, then expanded it to close friends- I don't know if she still does them, because her kids are older, but they were sturdy and comfortable. She'd go to a craft or fabric store, take pictures with her cell phone of the fabrics they had, and ask you to pick whatever one you liked.  The one she made for me was that stretchy jersey material, and it was good quality because it didn't get all streched out of shape.

I *think* they may have videos on YT about how to DIY. Or on craft sites. I know you're gonna need a ruler for sure, because measurements are important- don't know if you need a sewing machine.

KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I'll have to look. I made a Moby for my sister from there. Lol

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting .Peaches.:

I don't. I know that she started out doing it for herself, then expanded it to close friends- I don't know if she still does them, because her kids are older, but they were sturdy and comfortable. She'd go to a craft or fabric store, take pictures with her cell phone of the fabrics they had, and ask you to pick whatever one you liked.  The one she made for me was that stretchy jersey material, and it was good quality because it didn't get all streched out of shape.

I *think* they may have videos on YT about how to DIY. Or on craft sites. I know you're gonna need a ruler for sure, because measurements are important- don't know if you need a sewing machine.

HeathLaw22
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM

How are they left dangling at the hips? And the baby doesn't have to face out in the carrier they can face towards you also.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

It might be good for tiny babies, but from what I seem just in the pictures it's not good for older children for extended periods of time. To face out the babies are left "dangling at this hips" and cause higher instances of hip dysphasia.

Quoting HeathLaw22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN