Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

intimacy+pain=SOL

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ever since the birth of my youngest (1.5yo) I have had an IUD.  I like having it for the most part.  Things are more regulated, predictable, easier to deal with.  The only thing is that whenever DH and i try to be intimate it hurts.  Certain positions are tolerable but without that o efect.  Others that get the job done just hurt so much (for both).  I only keep it bc we cannot afford to have another kid nor want one and short of surgery it is the only thing that has worked.  I have been feeling so depresed lately and angry at myself.  I want to please him but bc of this rough stretch I have no interest in it.  I know he is not the cheating kind and he would leave me before he did anything but I also know that 1.5 yrs is way too long for a man to go empty handed except for the 2ce to 3x a month effort.  I would go see a doctor about it but I don't have insurance right now (can't afford that either).  Anyway, I just needed to get this off my chest, heart, and mind.  I have tried talking to him about it but everytime I do I feel as if I am attacking his manhood.  This just makes it worse.  Thanks for listening.  Depresing and frustrating confession is over.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LancesMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Maybe its in the wrong place, have you talked to the doctor about this? It would onkly be an office visit I think and they may give you a cash only discount. If nothing else calling and asking might help!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Ibwould be calling my doctor asap. Planned parenthood can see you and you pay what you can. It could be in thw wrong pkace which is dangerous!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I think you should see a doctor to make sure the IUD didn't slide out of place. That can be very dangerous and do permanent damage.

slrsgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I agree that you need to talk to a doctor because I have an IUD too but it doesn't hurt. I have a little pain sometimes with sex but that is becasue I had a baby 3 months ago - not becasue of the IUD. There might be something else going on or the IUD is in the wrong place or broke through the wall which is very bad. You don't want permanant damage so it is better to find out now rather than wait and it get worse.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Have your iud checked and give him a lot of head and hand jobs in the mean time.
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM
i agree with everyone else here. You should talk to your doctor and have it checked. I had an iud for over a year and it never hurt to have sex for me... It could be in the wrong place. I know it sucks not having insurance but it's better to check with your doctor than for something bad to happen later on. Good luck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Go to planned parenthood, if it hurts it is probably positioned wrong, which means you could end up pregnant anyway. Ask about the imolanon, implanton.. however you say it, my friend has it, loves it and it also lasts 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)