Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Potty training 2 year old girl! help!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hey moms i could use a bit of help! lol. I have been trying to potty train my two year old, soon to be three year old in june, but its a total fail! :( she shows many signs. Her diapers are dry through the night, she tells me she went right after, she tells me when she need a diaper and she can hold her urine when i put panties on her, but she will NOT just use the potty. She will hold it all day until bath time. I have tried everything. putting on panties, telling her she will get a sucker if she goes, putting her on the chair and reading (distraction), cute pull ups, and letting her go without any sort of bottoms on throughout the day, but nothing! any advice? is she still not ready?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM

put her on the potty and run the sink water, the sound should get her to go. also stick her hand in warm water.

LancesMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Start taking her every 30 minutes. Put her on the potty and have her try. When she does reward her with praise or a little gift.. (I e a cookie an m&m etc) She may not realize the actual act and feeling of potty is what you are asking her to do. So when she does it and you reward her she can correlate.

erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
My dd is three and were pt now. She will not tell me she has to go. She wakes up dry. I just take her to the potty every hr and she goes no problem. And if I catch the sign she has to poop I put her on the potty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Take her every time you go, have her go every 30-60 minutes and "try".  My daughter enjoyed being able to put pretty stickers on her potty char when she would go.

Quoting LadyLatta:

Hey moms i could use a bit of help! lol. I have been trying to potty train my two year old, soon to be three year old in june, but its a total fail! :( she shows many signs. Her diapers are dry through the night, she tells me she went right after, she tells me when she need a diaper and she can hold her urine when i put panties on her, but she will NOT just use the potty. She will hold it all day until bath time. I have tried everything. putting on panties, telling her she will get a sucker if she goes, putting her on the chair and reading (distraction), cute pull ups, and letting her go without any sort of bottoms on throughout the day, but nothing! any advice? is she still not ready?

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM

This is a good idea. It helps to get them into the routine of going to the bathroom often, too. :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Take her every time you go, have her go every 30-60 minutes and "try".  My daughter enjoyed being able to put pretty stickers on her potty char when she would go.

deputygirls28
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
My daughter got into my routine. I would wake up every morning and go to the bathroom. She would follow me in with a dry diaper, sit on her potty, then the diaper would be wet. I let that happen for a week or so then I took her diaper off right before she would sit down and went in her potty. Did a little happy dance for her and then would make her go sit on the potty every time I went. She caught on really quick and was always very proud of herself. I think I got lucky with the whole potty training with her. I hope it gets easier and you get some usefully tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DueAug2013
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

With my daughter we made a calander and she knew if she went to the potty X amount of times in a row with no accidents she would get a "prize" ( cupcake, ice cream, new book ect) and everytime she went on the potty we gave her 2 or 3 M&M's.

StarryRain
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM

IMO, no, no she just isn't ready yet. She will learn. I've learned that as frustrating as it can be, that you have to let them lead this stuff. No kid wants to be in diapers forever. Promise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN