Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Can anyone recommend an extra wide baby gate?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

One of our sets of stairs is really wide and a regular baby gate won't work. I can google and find tons but wondering if anyone has any reviews on any theyve used. I thought about just making a custom one myself if I can't find one. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ethans-mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Diapers.com. our staircase is really wide and I found one here. I believe the brand is summer infants? We have one at the top and bottom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM

There is a website called albeebaby or something like that which had some wide ones that may work, but it may actually be cheaper to buy some fencing or something to make your own custom one.

slrsgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We have one that is Summer brand and it i really wide but we use it for blocking off our kitchen from the rest of the house - I think we have it at about 10 ft but you can make it smaller sizes because it is adjustable

SciFiMama91
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM
We had a very large entry to the kitchen at our old place. I ended up buying this one. It's pricey for a gate but it was perfect. My cats could even jump on it and walk across it.

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Sure-Secure-Custom/dp/B0038JE3SK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360866844&sr=8-8&keywords=large+baby+gate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN