Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seizure/Or Baby #3

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
I need some advice. I am a mother of two. I have a 2 1/2year old daughter and a 11 month old son. April of this year will make a year that i have had the implanon. This morning while i was going to check on my kids I had what may have been a seizure. I blacked out then my body started shaking and then my body went numb. I fell down and hit my dresser then when i finally came to my head felt really fuzzy. I still don't feel 100% better but I'm pressing on. I called my ob's office and the nurse said it has nothing to do with my implanon. She says i need to go see a fams ily Dr and go be evaluated and go see a neurologist. I have never had this kind of problem while on birth control. I do have frequent problems with cyst when i am on birth control. I haMy d a terrible episode yesterday with my cysts .
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Should i try for another baby, tie my tubes, or deal with what may become a terrible seizure in the future? I'm not asking for anybody to criticize me or put me down. Just want some advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM
First go to ur doctor and find out what's going on. Prob nothing to do with bc. And don't get pregnant without knowing the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALP1989
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I would definitley see a neurologist first before thinking about a baby. I speak from personal experience. I am epileptic. I was advised not to have another baby unless I was off my meds, but I dare not to go off them because the idea of a seizure while driving with my babies, or anything, is devastating. I hope that you can find some releif with talking to a neurologist and that everything is ok. I want nothing more than to have another one some day, but do not want to harm the three I have. I also dont think it is your birthcontrol either though. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Go to the doctor first.
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Right now my problem is getting tested. Ob office told me to call a neurologist or a family Dr. Family Dr won't test me and neurologist won't see me without being tested.
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM
My only last hope is talkinging to a lady that has a son with seizure problems or calling a neurologist my mil found. I know for a fact that this lady's son goes to Jackson,MS for his problems so Hattiesburg,MS might not be able to help me at all. Jackson is a place my family and I travel to often cuz our daughter has delta phalanx. I would hate to be the next patient in Jackson,MS.
TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Sounds more like fainting spells. Happens to me frequently. If it was shortly after standing up, then you just stood up too fast, which made too much blood rush from your head and you just passed out. Even if you didn't stand up very fast, based on your posture, you could have stood up too fast for your body to have adequately maintained a supply of blood to your brain for a brief period of time. I went to the doc freaking out about the same thing (blacking out, arms and legs shaking, feeling fuzzy or having a feeling of having an electrical current passing through your body) and it turns out I just have fainting spells.
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I talked to the lady that her son does have seizures and she thinks its my sugar. Diabetes runs on both sides of my family so when i get the money up I'm going to have my sugar tested. Unfortunately for me i have a great grandmother who died from a sugar coma.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Sounds more like fainting spells. Happens to me frequently. If it was shortly after standing up, then you just stood up too fast, which made too much blood rush from your head and you just passed out. Even if you didn't stand up very fast, based on your posture, you could have stood up too fast for your body to have adequately maintained a supply of blood to your brain for a brief period of time. I went to the doc freaking out about the same thing (blacking out, arms and legs shaking, feeling fuzzy or having a feeling of having an electrical current passing through your body) and it turns out I just have fainting spells.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)