Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i have a ?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Okay my 11month old is teething I can tell that's what it is since he keep putting his fingers in his mouth..well I was wondering how high of a fever baby get when teething..he had one earlier and was so upset I almost start cryin I just wanted to take it away from him so he could sleep..he is asleep now since I gave him something of mine to sleep with..please help me I'm a first time mom this is all new to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderstruck11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is getting her 1st year molars and her canines in right now. All 4 molars have basically pushed through and 3 of her canines are so close. I dont see the 4th canine yet but its swollen. She is miserable. Fever, snotty, a cough. Her fever got up to 101. I think she also has a cold, but I cant tell where all the bodly fluids are even coming from anymore!

Its rough, but just love on him and comfort him. Give him cold things to knaw on and maybe let him have some vanilla ice cream.
PolkaDots3220
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM
You have him something of yours to sleep with? Not like medication right?
Jrsmommy614
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Fevers & diarrhea are normal with teething. I gave my ds Tylenol for the pain & fever it was about 101 also so he could sleep at night and during the day cold teething rings, yogurt, pudding, basically anything soft and cold to cool the irritation. If the fevers are continuous however talk to the pediatrician because it could be an ear infection (common with teething) or another infection. Good luck hope this helps. Lots of hugs for u & lil guy hang in there being a new mom is hard but very rewarding. PM me if you have other questions or just to talk. :)
josiealan
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanx so much you guys..and just so u guys know what I gave him was a stuffed duck that my bf gave me when we start got together since we couldn't be together every night and I had issue being away from him. I did give him tylenol and he been sleepin for a half an hour now..I'm glad since I had to go to er tonight so I'm not feelin 100%
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Great job!

I hope you both feel better ASAP!

Quoting josiealan:

Thanx so much you guys..and just so u guys know what I gave him was a stuffed duck that my bf gave me when we start got together since we couldn't be together every night and I had issue being away from him. I did give him tylenol and he been sleepin for a half an hour now..I'm glad since I had to go to er tonight so I'm not feelin 100%
LoveonHollySt
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

First you have to calm down.  Teething is a regular part of development.  My DD had temps up to 102 when teething.  I gave her some fever reducer, put a small fan on in her rm to help circulate the air, gave her a lovey, sang to her a few times and she was out.  Yeah it is tough.  As moms we want to take away all of the bad things.  We have to understand and accept that we cannot do this.  All we can do is make them comfortable and pray for the wisdom to make to right choices.  (I also found that frozen fruit helped.)

steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Try freezing a water bottle and give it to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethans-mommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
It should only be a low grade lever. Teething is so hard on them ;( and mom!
lilyrose2011
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I'm sure you've probably heard this before but if not try gettin a wash cloth damp and freeze it, he might like chewing on it , my LO didn't like it but IV seen other babies like it
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM
A teething fever is generally low grade. You are doing everything right. ((Hugs))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)