Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pediatrician help!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Okay, so, I have 8 weeks left till my due date and I haven't picked a pediatrician yet!!! I have some potentials, but I don't really know what kind of questions to ask them when I interview them.
HELP!!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
http://www.babycenter.com/0_pediatrician-family-doctor-interview-sheet_1452019.bc
Here is just an example of a site that can give you questions to ask when considering your baby's doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

honestly i see no reason 2 use a pediatritian i used one & seemed my son was always sick switched 2 a family doc & hes rarely been sick since plus family docs seem 2 have  a friendlier staff than pediatritians

RyleighJane
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I lobe everyone at Akron Childrens Hospital Peds in Wadsworth!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
We only have one pedi office but it has 5 pedis. I saw all of them so I could get a feel and that's how I picked. But that was atter baby was born.
flawskii
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Wow sorry you had a bad experience but not all pedi's are like that. My dd pedi is awesome and so is the staff.

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

honestly i see no reason 2 use a pediatritian i used one & seemed my son was always sick switched 2 a family doc & hes rarely been sick since plus family docs seem 2 have  a friendlier staff than pediatritians

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Make sure they agree with certain wishes u have. Some peds push vaccines. So make sure u cover all the imp questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

i know not all are but i think a lot are

Quoting flawskii:

Wow sorry you had a bad experience but not all pedi's are like that. My dd pedi is awesome and so is the staff.

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Wellconsider what kind of Wellness plan to you have for your child. Are you pro or anti vax? Circ? Vegetarian? Are you pro breastfeeding? Do they have an after hours calling service? Are they open Fridays? Does she/he have priviliges at local emergency rooms? What is the normal wait time in office to see the doctor?

Don't be afraid to ask other patients in the waiting room about their impressions of the doctors and nurses.

Also, check yellowpages.com and see if there are any reviews for the doctor. You can even post on here to see if anybody is in your area and uses that pediatrician to get reviews.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
This! :)

I interviewed several

Quoting KawaiiLila:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_pediatrician-family-doctor-interview-sheet_1452019.bc

Here is just an example of a site that can give you questions to ask when considering your baby's doctor.
Hanab818
by Hana on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Vac is one big thing. The other thing was if we liked him or her. Like personality wise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)