Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

ANXIOUS! I do not understand what is wrong with what happens in my head. I can walk outside and fear that a tree is going to fall on me...or that I am going to be hit by a car. When I am with my son I make plans in mind pertaining to what I would do if an extreme situation were to arise. Idk if this is something I will have to talk to my doctor about, what do you all think?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by Courtney on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I think a call to your doctor would be a good idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM
panic disorder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Jasmine on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM

i think the same way.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Even the fact that I feel this way makes me's really overwhelming! It makes me feel like maybe I'm too uptight so when I try to loosen up it can last at most 5 minutes then i'm freaking out again. And if I am in one of those moments I someone tried to talk to will escalate!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM

are you pregnant? thats how i was when i was pregnant. the whole time. i was praying like every 10 for god to keep us all safe. i went pretty nuts. it may be just a hormone imbalance or something. are you on birth control? that also screws with my head. talk to your obgyn if you think its hormone related or pregnancy related. otherwise id contact your regular physician and see what they say. your may need to see a therapist as well.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I agree there could be an hormone imbalance... see your OBGYN (she will be less likely to just throw medications at you). Do your research if she does try to prescribe you something. When this exact thing happened to me I went from my primary doctor (who is obviously only looking out for the drug reps) to my OB who cared enough to help me find the right specialist. When I finally saw an endocrynologist she found the hormonal root of the problem so instead of covering it up with anxiety meds we are working on fixing what causes the anxiety.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Talk to ur doctor. My friend is like that and she's had to be hospitalized because she felt like she was lsoing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Talk to a doctor.  Do some research and find a good psychotherapy practice, work with a psychologist and a psychiatrist together so you can use natural techniques along with medication if needed.  It can be very helpful.  I have anxiety and that's what I do right now.

My doctors specialize in post partum support, so after I had my son I went to them.  My psychologist uses guided imigary (meditation) to help me stay calm, she also gives me good tools, books to read, lets me talk about things and sort out my thoughts and feelings and she teaches me how protine and excersice can make a huge difference with my anxiety.

She then refered me to a fellow phyciatrist when she thought it was getting worse, who then decided to put me on a low does of long term and also fast acting anxiety medication.  She also has my husband come in to help him understand what is going on with me and how to help and keep our relationship going good.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM

not pregnant, but I am on birthcontrol...I have been on it for a while like 3 years...maybe it's time to change...idk...def going to talk to my doctor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)