Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

cool moms only!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 77 Replies
I realize not everybody is okay dying children's hair.however me and my dd H decided it was okay to let our 6 year old dye her hair pink as a reward for not cutting her hair for a month. She then wanted blue hair after still not cutting her hair. I am ok letting her play with a small strip of hair however ddh now doesn't want her to dye her hair anymore. He doesn't have a reason but he has suddenly changed his mind. I don't know what to tell her since before it was ok but now it's not.
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Squishysmom2
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Her hair
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My 4 year old is currently rocking pink! I got bashed on her as well. I had mothers tell me that the school is going to make me cut it. Kinda funny her teacher had a pink stripe too.. This picture is older, since then we did it again and she wants purple next :)

Squishysmom2
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Yay! I love her hair by the way! We have been lucky and no ones bashed and our dd loves it but dh now doesn't want her to anymore. I am all for letting her express herself. I don't know what to tell her now. :(

Quoting ajrjj05:

My 4 year old is currently rocking pink! I got bashed on her as well. I had mothers tell me that the school is going to make me cut it. Kinda funny her teacher had a pink stripe too.. This picture is older, since then we did it again and she wants purple next :)

mckelvey1225
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I think it is prfectly fine. Especially if they see you getting your hair done, most wanna be like mommy. Is a good reward and it isn't hurting anybody.
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you just do the chalk thing? It washes out that night and the colors are very vibrant. I saw it on pintrest.
ajrjj05
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Just do it! I don't care what her dad says..lol. He is my husband and I will deal with him after I do it :). He says no to the purple but I am going to do it anyways. Her hair is down to her butt. Maybe her dad will let you do just the tips?

Quoting Squishysmom2:

Yay! I love her hair by the way! We have been lucky and no ones bashed and our dd loves it but dh now doesn't want her to anymore. I am all for letting her express herself. I don't know what to tell her now. :(

Quoting ajrjj05:

MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Have you asked him why he is so opposed to it? Maybe you can compromise by making sure to do a deep conditioning before you dye it again? My daughter did some temporary pink in her hair, but hasnt expressed a desire to actually dye it. I started dying my hair when I was about 13 and each time before I did my mom made me do a homemade deep conditioning treatment so it didn't get stripped and stringy from dying it so often. 

TempestRayne
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM
10 moms liked this
Marriage should be about mutual respect and compromise. This kind of attitude causes far too many divorces and shows you have a lack of respect for your husband's feelings. Isn't this his child too? What would you do if he decided to cut all the dye off/ out and "deal with" you later? What would you feel?
Quoting ajrjj05:

wonderstruck11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
My hair is currently pink and I want to go blue next too! If I told my daughter (when she is older) that she can't dye her hair, then I would be a hypocrite. I say whatever, as long as you make sure to not damage the hair. Just use temporary gel if your husband doesn't like it, then you can just wash it out and do something different the next day!
ajrjj05
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM

We have a strong marriage. He doesn't fight with me over stupid stuff. Just like when I got her ears pierced, he just smiled and said I knew that is what you were doing. He doesn't want purple but his little girl gets what she wants so if I did it there would be no fighting. Not every marriage fights over little things you know. You pick and choose your battles. And tips of hair aren't worth fights. Thanks for your input! But our marriage is very STRONG! I would be happy if she got a hair cut! I have been trying for a year to get it cut, she will not sit in the chair :)

Quoting TempestRayne:

Marriage should be about mutual respect and compromise. This kind of attitude causes far too many divorces and shows you have a lack of respect for your husband's feelings. Isn't this his child too? What would you do if he decided to cut all the dye off/ out and "deal with" you later? What would you feel?
Quoting ajrjj05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN