Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How to get rid of a friend...

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so I need to vent...I need to rant. I need to yell! 

My 'friend' has been getting on my nerves more and more. And her parenting skills piss me off, especially when she tries to turn around and make herself out to be a better parent than me, when in reality shes a shitty mom. We both are single moms. 

First, I mentioned how I had a smoke the other day (not anywhere near dd, I was out with a friend and dd was being watched for the evening) and she flips her shit, starts yelling at me about the dangers of '3rd hand smoke'....Yeah ok. Coming from the woman who smokes weed around her 1 year old and BLOWS IT IN HER FACE!? 

Also, she yells at her daughter. Her daughter screams at her, she screams back and then wonders why all her daughter does is yell. Monkey see, monkey do. You cant teach someone not to scream by yelling at them. I told her my boyfriend dropped the L word (love!) and she goes off about how fast that is and holy shit I need to be careful, blah blah blah, and she then goes on about how her boyfriend (shes poly) in another state isnt putting her first. Hes married to the mother of his children. How can you expect to come first when youre not his wife, not the mother of his children AND live in another state. She even got jealous because he went on a hike with one of his models (hes a photographer)

OH OH OH AND she wants me to help her sell her pain pills. and by help...I mean find someone to buy them, go pick them up, do the trade and bring her the money. She wants no part of it. I told her no, shes a big girl, if she wants to sell her drugs, she can do it herself.

If she doesnt like you (she likes about 10% of the people she meets) shes a raging bitch to you. She keeps trying to come in contact with her ex (daughters father) who used to beat the shit out of her, she just wants to mess with him. 

I want to dump her as a friend. I really really fucking do. But I dont have any other friends. :( What do I do?? SHES TOO MUCH DRAMA!!!

How do you get rid of a friend without them knowing!?

(Thanks for letting me rant)

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious333
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Just dump her. You don't need that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Having no friends at all is better than that mess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I would just stop answering her phone calls, texts, FB messages.... eventually she will stop trying to contact you.... I did that to a couple people... I mean we weren't that close.... so it really didn't matter to me... but you MIGHT want to tell her how you feel THEN start ignoring her... sometimes its best to rid the waste in your life. :) 

RaevynEvermore
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I get a bad gut feeling that she would turn it into a huge confrontation

Quoting VictoriousTory:

I would just stop answering her phone calls, texts, FB messages.... eventually she will stop trying to contact you.... I did that to a couple people... I mean we weren't that close.... so it really didn't matter to me... but you MIGHT want to tell her how you feel THEN start ignoring her... sometimes its best to rid the waste in your life. :) 

StarryRain
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Don't let it become one. She sounds like a horrible person.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting VictoriousTory:

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Drop her like a hot potato.Don't take her calls,don't keep in contact with her on FB or by email.Just act as if she fell off the face of the Earth.Like another poster said,having no friends is better than a "friend" like her.

RaevynEvermore
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Shes had her daughter taken away from her at one point...and I feel bad for her baby girl, but I just cant let myself get involved. Nor do I feel shes done enough harm lately to warrently a call to the state, ya know?

Quoting StarryRain:

Don't let it become one. She sounds like a horrible person.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting VictoriousTory:

babyblue415
by Jasmine on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM

oh just tell her to go fuck herself and be done with it.

VictoriousTory
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM

She can bitch and whine and bash you on FB and act like a little girl, just don't respond to her... It will make her look like an idiot :) Plus if she's mad at you let her think she's the one that stopped talking to YOU :) 

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting VictoriousTory:

Hanab818
by Hana on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Stop calling or picking up the phone. Or tell her straight up you no longer want to be friends
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)