Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Decorating help EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have a brown couch I need to work around, but I moved to hawaii and want something lighter than the browns and blacks I had before.

Anyone good at this kinda stuff? It makes my head spin, I can hardly match my shirt and pants haha. Any color suggestions that match good with brown without being clashy or weird? I still want "comfy." Pictures of stuff you like? There is too many options on pintrist, that also makes my head spin.

I can't paint. My walls are white.

I did the teal before but I just though maybe a the tealish blue, green, and brown? I want some color because i enjoy nature and the island is beautiful I am into landscape photography and feel like the green, brown teal= my beach land scapes on canvass on the wall?  Think I can make the green work?

Also, I have all these damn windows of ODDDD size. I have a sliding glass door then a 16in across window, then a gap of wall then another about 16in across windo, then directly next to that a regular sized window then  a window opening that looks into my dinning room . I am unsure how single curtains will look on these bunchs of odd windows plus I wanted to put sheer brown curtains in the living room to dinning room window bc its odd youre just like looking into the dinner table no matter where you turn bc the living room is small. Thoughts? I hate home decor, bc I feel embarassed if its not done and DH brings work company home or something.

Teal brown white green

Or

But idk how i can get ALL these colors going on, its a small space and im not looking to spend a bajillion bucks. i like simple and NO clutter it makes both DH and I anxious.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamarama333
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i would say a light teal color. flows nicely with brown and doesnt clash with white walls. there are also wall stickers you can get at target or walmart that can break down the white walls. make them seem not so plain.

aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM
3 moms liked this
I stopped reading after "I moved to Hawaii" ..... *stomps off* not fair!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkiamanda
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I like greens or turquoise colors with browns
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM

brown is a neutral so any color would work

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I could see a light,pretty blue working with a brown couch.

Kearsty
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM
You should look on pinterst... They have some pretty great ideas on there!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I like earth tones. Cream/ off white, and green with browns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Lol I did teal the first year i had the couch. Earth tones the next two... my couch is old Im not springing for a new one yet though. Maybe next year lol

Quoting mamarama333:

i would say a light teal color. flows nicely with brown and doesnt clash with white walls. there are also wall stickers you can get at target or walmart that can break down the white walls. make them seem not so plain.

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Great minds think alike, thats actually what I am changing from. Our house before here was those colors.

Quoting KawaiiLila:

I like earth tones. Cream/ off white, and green with browns.

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I should have thrown in I have had the couch a few years now. So I have done the teal/light blue, green, and earth tones.

Thanks for the help though ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)