Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what is wrong with my baby???....need advice!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM
  • 30 Replies
ok so my daughter is 21months old she got sick last sat but was fine on sunday...Then she was throwing up mon and tuesday.....she was fine on wed till night time then she threw up 2x...she was fine all day thursday but got sick at 11pm she threw up 1x....then all day today she was fine her happy chipper self....but around 10am she threw up a lil so i figured F this im taking her to her dr...well they are booked till wed!....so i figured i wouldnt take her to the er because she seemed better.....so here it is today friday and around 8pm she got the runs bad 3x then at 9 went to sleep and at 10 she was throwing up again....wtf! she dont have a fever she is pretty much fine all day but hasnt eating a solid 3 meals since last thursday! i keep her hydrated but today she hasnt peed much......Dh is at work and my boys are at my moms im bedating on if i should take her to the ER or wait and see how she is in the morning and hopefully take her to her dr on monday......what do you think is wrong?.....Just the flu still or something else going on with her tummy....Im starting to get worried.......oh and we all recently had this flu bug and we all are over it but her....poor baby.....any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM

How many wet diapers has she had today?   It sounds like norovirus which dd had about this age such sporadic vomitting is annoying for sure.

mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
maybe 4 wet diapers today.....what eaxactly is norovirus and what can i do?

Quoting frndlyfn:

How many wet diapers has she had today?   It sounds like norovirus which dd had about this age such sporadic vomitting is annoying for sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:19 AM
it sounds like the norovirius sp its like the flu but a little worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM

In my experience norovirus is a stomach bug which just when you think it is gone, it comes back for one or two vomiting spells and then disappears.   Talk to her doctor or if the symptoms of vomitting or diarhhea get worse go to urgent care/ ER.   Depending on the average amount of wet diapers she had , 4 could be concerning.   Stay away from as much dairy products as you can while she is sick.  

There is a water called Smart water on the market if you are concerned about hydration.  There is no flavor, no color, no sugar added.  It does have the added electrolytes though to help when sick. DD always liked those Mini melt popsicles when she didnt feel well.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

Quoting frndlyfn:

mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM
shes had it for like a week though ...isnt that a lil long? im worried that she might be geting dehydrated she didnt drink much today....but the other day i filled up her cup like 10times....today maybe 2x....i have been giving her water and gatoraide

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM
i here the flu is lasting a little longer this year. Have you tried pedialite?

Quoting mama2my2boys:

shes had it for like a week though ...isnt that a lil long? im worried that she might be geting dehydrated she didnt drink much today....but the other day i filled up her cup like 10times....today maybe 2x....i have been giving her water and gatoraide

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM
she had some cheese and mac n cheese today :/ .....no more till she is better!......she is her happy lil self all day which i find odd the only time she wasnt was when she was sick on mon and tuesday.....im going to push more fluids tomorrow....The 3 runny diapers worried me when i thought back and remebering only filling her cup 2x today :/ .....thank you for the advice

Quoting frndlyfn:

In my experience norovirus is a stomach bug which just when you think it is gone, it comes back for one or two vomiting spells and then disappears.   Talk to her doctor or if the symptoms of vomitting or diarhhea get worse go to urgent care/ ER.   Depending on the average amount of wet diapers she had , 4 could be concerning.   Stay away from as much dairy products as you can while she is sick.  

There is a water called Smart water on the market if you are concerned about hydration.  There is no flavor, no color, no sugar added.  It does have the added electrolytes though to help when sick. DD always liked those Mini melt popsicles when she didnt feel well.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:27 AM
she does not like any of the pedialites so i give her gatoraide

Quoting sissy852:

i here the flu is lasting a little longer this year. Have you tried pedialite?

Quoting mama2my2boys:

Quoting sissy852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Your welcome .  I try to help others with my little experience with various things.  Does she like chicken noodle soup or ramen soup?  Jello could be a fun experience as well though the technicolors are not fun if she vomits.  As long as she is pooping and peeing that means the virus is slowly leaving her body.  I know some people who have had the actual flu for 2-3 weeks this year.  It is a brutal strain but it comes with 104-105 fevers.  Unless she has had fevers like that most likely a stomach bug.   Definitely try to talk to her doctor for more advice and get an appointment just for a once over.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

she had some cheese and mac n cheese today :/ .....no more till she is better!......she is her happy lil self all day which i find odd the only time she wasnt was when she was sick on mon and tuesday.....im going to push more fluids tomorrow....The 3 runny diapers worried me when i thought back and remebering only filling her cup 2x today :/ .....thank you for the advice

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting mama2my2boys:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)