Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm Confused... Am I ruining my baby

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 32 Replies

I have heard all types of opinions about co sleeping.My baby sleeps in a basinnet in our room. But occasionally I will put him in my bed. People have told me that I shouldent let my baby sleep in my bed. So I'm confused!!!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Cosleeping can be  wonderful thing when done properly. Do what feels right for your family and disregard people who have nothing but negativity. They don't really deserve a say. You're the parent so it's your call.

FoxTales
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
This. Listen to your own "mom-sense" and do what's right for your baby and you. And if others are judgmental, don't share your parenting practices with them.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Cosleeping can be  wonderful thing when done properly. Do what feels right for your family and disregard people who have nothing but negativity. They don't really deserve a say. You're the parent so it's your call.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
i love cosleeping!!! best thing ever (if done right)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I coslept with both my kids. It was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

We've done both with dd. Before it was for convenience because I was bf'ing. Lately it was because SIL was in her room, then we were getting it ready. I really don't see the big deal as long as you do it safely. And honestly no matter what you do, someone will have a problem with it, there's no pleasing everybody, so just do what feels right for you

EslingerCrew11
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM
If Co-sleeping is done right, its great!! It can also lower the risk of Sids.

follow your gut, more than your head, or other peoples opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
this

Quoting catrig:

I coslept with both my kids. It was fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

MommieSDW
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I cosleep safely and have since my son was a newborn. His lung collapsed after birth and having him next to me soothed my fears about his breathing. It's your decision and you know best :) 

Squishysmom2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I am all about co sleeping but I would do my research to not only make it safe but so you can feel confident in your opinion and maybe educate those who would judge you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)